Chapter 22- Surprise

- new chapters soon -

"...one red line...one red line...one red line." When my urine flow stopped I'm all of a tingle. My body is reacting like there's a gorilla about to beat the crap out of me instead of being faced with a pregnancy test.

I felt like I was going to vomit again, and pee, shit a brick, maybe even all at the same time. My life is a mess.

All I had to do was remove the stick from my hands and leave it on the sink until the lines or hopefully one line would appear.

You can do this.

Hesitantly, I opened my eyes and looked down at the stick, the screen was blank.

I snatched the instructions off the shelf and re-read it for the fiftieth time, "two red lines equals pregnant, one red line equals not pregnant."

As I placed the pregnancy test that could change my life I clenched my fists tightly, until my nails dug into the palm of my hand, but I barely noticed.

The only thing I'm really aware of, is the sound of my heart throbbing against the cage of my chest. It's not until I look into the mirror, that I'm aware I've been biting my lip so badly it's bleeding.

"Shit," I curse and press toilet paper up to my lip. I watch my reflection unable to make out the girl in it.

Three more minutes until the pregnancy test would appear. Why did three minutes feel like a lifetime?

Pacing up and down as if determined to wear out a thin trail in the carpet, I stared down at my own socked feet. My eyes were large and watery and as I paced I constantly punched one hand into the other.

I was dreading it. This was not how I wanted to find out how or if I was pregnant. In my fairyland brain I imagined my husband throwing his arms around me with a grin so wide that we were finally going to start a family. Then, of course, we would live happily ever after in a magical castle the end.

But to be frank, reality sucked. I knew that the pregnancy test was ready the time had passed and the line(s) would be present. Worst present ever.

I would count down from three and then look. I cleared my throat, "three...two and three quarters...two and a half...two and a quarter...two...one and three quarters...one and a half...one and a quarter." I swallowed hard, "one."

Slowly, I peered over to the sink and stared at the pregnancy test...two red friggin lines. I couldn't breath, it felt as if someone was chocking me. My heart was racing and all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and stay there forever.

Deep breaths Andy.

I sucked in air and blew it out, me, Andrea Daisy Clark pregnant at eighteen. My mother was going to kill me.

Nope kill was too kind, she was going to skin me alive and feed me to the neighbors dogs, I sobbed.

I had to tell the guys, they had as much of a right knowing since it was also half of one of them. Who was the dad?

Shit.

They were going to freak out and then they were going to freak out even more once they knew I'd slept with them all. You've done it this time Andy!

Looking unimpressed at the pregnancy test I quickly shoved it back into the toiletry bag. Part of me hoped if I got rid of it maybe it wouldn't be true. But the other part knew I was being an idiot. Leaving the bag hidden I left the bathroom and entered the kitchen, were the guys were.

"I made you breakfast!" Phoenix hollered, spinning the plate of sausage, eggs and toast on the table. I smiled weakly and sat down.

When he joined the rest of the guys on the couch to play some dumb game on the Xbox I pushed the breakfast away. With butterflies in my stomach and my head buzzing with possibilities, there was no way on earth I'd swallow a bite, let alone a whole plateful.

"If you want more points you have to shoot them in the head, like this!" I heard Enzo inform, I merely rolled my eyes and began planning how I would break the news to them.

I had three options A, B & C.

A. Tell them all individually that there might be a chance I'm pregnant and they're the baby daddy. But they had to keep it a secret from each other so they'd never find out I'd slept with them all.

B. Just scream I'm pregnant and see how they react. Cruel I know.

C. Flee the country.

I rubbed my chin, A was a good idea but too much effort for me. I didn't have enough money to do C so B it is.

I broke into a sweat. My heart pounded, and my hand began to feel clammy against my bouncing knee. I began to pace back and forth, stomping my feet impatiently in front of the tv.

"You're going to make us loose the game!" Sebastian whined, his fingers pressing the buttons on the controller vigorously.

"Guys listen I have something I need to tell you," I huffed and blocked the tv even more. Enzo threw a pillow at me but I caught it and laughed softly at how annoyed guys got if you blocked their precious game.

Phoenix's eyes were glued to the screen, "can it not wait we're kinda busy here?" I shook my head but they all seemed completely unbothered by my existence.

"I have to tell you guys something really important!" I stressed, they continued whispering about the game not paying any attention to the future mother of one of their offspring.

Sebastian tapped the red button three times before the guys cheered and fist bumped each other. "Nice shot dude!" Enzo nodded, impressed.

"I'm pregnant."

•sorry for the cliffhanger, don't hate me•