Chapter 30- Charming

I could feel my nerves tingling like being tickled with a small feather. At this moment in time I was stood outside his bedroom, I had been stood here for almost five minutes now.

Contemplating wether I should go in or not.

My manicured hand rested on the doorknob of his bedroom, the peeling white paint clinging to my clothes as I rested on the sagging doorframe. I turned to the mirror beside me. A petrified girl, scared to get rejected. My smoky eyes began to glint like the aftermath of a lightning strike. Clouds of grey threatened to flood, but I took a shuddering breath and gathered my strength. Turning towards the door now, I twisted the doorknob and pushed with the points of my fingernails.

Swallowing hard, I watched as he lay on his bed listening to music. He hadn't heard me come in due to his headphones, he was bobbing his head up and down humming along to the music with his eyes shut.

He was a man of any girl's dreams. He had smooth flawless skin, which was like a sheet of well done cloth. His eyes, which were closed at the moment, glinted under the moonlight. He had high-bridged nose that was among his two eyes. His soft sharp lips were very attractive and captivating. I wanted to touch it but I decided not to do so.

Hesitantly, I coughed loudly a few times before his eyes fluttered open, he threw his head back with a smile.

"I've been meaning to tell you something," I began. My eyes looked down at him through my lashes, he nodded for me to carry on.

Clearing my throat I continued, "well I don't know how to say this but I like you." It came out barley a whisper, his eyes widened as he scooted closer to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't quite get that," his tone was serious but the smirk on his handsome face told me otherwise.

"I-like-you," I stammered. He grinned sheepishly and pulled me onto his lap, his fingers running through my hair.

"Hate to be a pain but I didn't hear that either, please can you repeat that." He leaned forward so that my mouth was close to his ear, I rolled my eyes. He was enjoying this too much.

"I like you," I smiled shyly into my hands.

He gently pulled my hands away from my face, his smile was bright. He looked so happy. Our eyes met and stayed locked for what seemed like forever, I wanted to get lost in those beautiful brown eyes.

"I'd been lying if I told you I hadn't heard you that time but I want you to tell me again," he wiggled his eyebrows making me stick my tongue out at him.

"I like you, I like you, I like you," I laughed. "I like you!" My head snuggled into his neck as we chuckled softly together.

I cupped his face in my hand, "I like you Phoenix." He kissed me and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below my ear, his thumb caressing my cheek as our breaths mingled. I ran my fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between us and I could feel the beating of his heart against my chest.

Phoenix pulled away, his smile still as predominant as ever. He clenched his hands above his head and ran around the apartment yelling, "she likes me!"

Sebastian and Enzo furrowed their brows in his direction as he continued to jump up and down on the couch like a five year old.

He skipped over to them, "Andy likes me back! She bloody likes me back!" Phoenix danced, they laughed and nudged his shoulder playfully.

"Congrats Phoenix," Sebastian smiled at us both.

"You deserve it buddy," Enzo shook Phoenix's hand and pulled him into an embrace. Ruffling his hair as he did so, I giggled.

Phoenix untangled himself from the embrace and walked over to me, he ran his fingers through his thick brown hair.

"Be ready to leave the apartment by six," he started jogging to his room. "Oh, and wear something fancy!" He yelled from his room, I shook my head with laughter but did as I was told and went to my room to get ready.

///

The creamy sheets of the silk dress slipped onto my shoulders, peppering my body with soft, sensual kisses. Like a lover, it seduced the senses and conveyed with utmost skill the art of pleasing.

I grinned at my reflection in the mirror and grabbed my heels. Quickly, I buckled them up and strolled over to the door.

Phoenix stood waiting for me in a suit. The suit was black....sharp-looking, and well-fitted. Exactly the sort of thing that a woman would pick out for her man to wear to a formal event. That was something that made her a bit nervous. Still, it fit well, it made him look very handsome, and when he smiled, it was a little bit magical.

"You look stunning," he looked me up and down and when he was finished with his examination he looked me up and down again.

I blushed, "you don't look too bad yourself." I winked as I patted down his thin black tie, he smirked and slid his hand into mine. Together we walked hand in hand out of the apartment and over to the taxi he must of ordered.

After a while the taxi came to a holt and we thanked the driver and left. We were standing outside a building...a gallery.

"What is this?" I frowned in confusion towards the gallery, I thought we were going to some fancy restaurant not a gallery.

"It's Whitworth art gallery," Phoenix tucked his hands into the pockets of his black pants. "You know the art gallery you lied about," he smirked.

"I thought you forgot about that," I could feel myself blushing.

Phoenix turned to me, "I never forget anything." With that he grabbed my hand and dragged me into the gallery.

As we stared admiring at the beautiful painting in front of us I turned to face him, he looked content, peaceful almost. "Why did you make me dress up all fancy to come to an art gallery?"

Phoenix averted his gaze from the piece and turned to me, "because you belong alongside the other stunning art."

• this is probably my favourite chapter I've written for this book, I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it •