Chapter 34- Family

- mushy and cringy chapter, read ahead if you dare -

I don't know why I found myself laughing so hard, but all of the sudden, I couldn't stop. My breath came in quick gasps between my unstopable giggles. Tears gathered in the corners of my eyes, threatening to spill over.

Phoenix was snorting with laughter, creased over double with his fist banging the ground. As I wiped the tear away from the corner of my eye, the laughter in the room began to die down.

Still to this moment I was unaware of what was so funny, Jennifer or Enzo probably told a joke. I turned to face my friends, examining each of them thoroughly.

Sarah was still laughing as she lay on Sebastian's lap. Her laughter rang in my ears like jingling bells, and all I could do was smile.

I sat back and let the happiness soak right into my bones. I wanted the feeling to still be there when I was old. I closed my eyes and savoured the moment, but never released my grip on Phoenix's hand.

"And that's how I ended up getting punched by a police officer," Enzo finished with a grin still stuck to his face like a mask. It must of been his joke that was so hilarious, I thought to myself.

Sebastian shook his head as he wrapped a strand of Sarah's hair around his finger, "you're so crazy."

"Yeah, crazy awesome!" Enzo bobbed his head up and down with a smirk.

Jennifer rolled her eyes, "no...crazy stupid." We all laughed minus Enzo who sat rather glumly in the corner.

Every baby is born to seek love and that makes love the default setting, the basic operating system of every human mind. That's why we're all good underneath no matter what cultural or religious operating systems are laid over the top. That's why there is no truer language than the language of love and no stronger power than the power of love.

These people that surround me, I love these people. Phoenix diverted his attention away from the crowd and gently tapped my shoulder.

"What going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" He grinned as he rubbed his thumb over my forehead, I rolled my eyes.

"How lucky I am."

He opened his mouth to reply, but I answered his question before he had the chance to ask. "I'm lucky because I have you guys, and my baby is even luckier to have three amazing guys as his or hers father."

Enzo smiled at me. "Don't get all mushy on me princess."

I shook my head and bit back a laugh, "I mean it."

"Bring it in," Sebastian chuckled and wiggled his arms signalling us to go in for a hug.

Phoenix laughed, "miss me with that gay shit." I placed my hands flat against his chest and shoved him into Sebastian's arms.

They both laughed as Sebastian tightened his grip around Phoenix. After watching Phoenix squirm around for a bit the rest of us joined in.

I buried my face into someone's neck. Who, I wasn't sure. The tickling on my neck hinted it was a girl, either Sarah or Jennifer.

"I love you losers!" Jennifer managed between breaths as she was being squeezed to death by Enzo.

I didn't know what the future was going to bring me. You never know. But as long as I had my friends, my dysfunctional family along side me. Somehow I know I'd be alright.

Don't go around looking for happiness. Stay carefree, love, enjoy life, and happiness will come looking for you...

• mushy chapter right? I did warn you guys! Anyways, checkout my new face claim book 'Male cast' if you're in the mood to swoon over hot guys ;) •