Chapter 21- Hope

- new chapters soon -

I stumbled to the corner of the bathroom, and with each step my stomach tightened and ached all the more. I kept swallowing, and my throat kept clenching, but no matter what I could not stop the warm feeling rising through my chest. Then I could taste it at the back of my mouth. I buckled over. A warm, clouded, cream coloured liquid spilled from my mouth, and sizzled as it splashed into the toilet.

I wiped my mouth with my sleeve and sat against the bathroom wall, my head pounding. My hands looked pale and I could only imagine what my face looked like, I groaned.

There was a knock at the door, then another. I swallowed hard, "who is it?" My voice was groggy. I got up and flushed the remains of my guts away.

"Andy are you okay?" It was Phoenix, I plonked myself onto the closed toilet seat and held my head in my hands.

Whispers came from outside the door, "I think she barfed dude." Enzo muttered to the guys on the other side of the door, I rolled my eyes.

"Guys I'm fine," I lied.

Silence. Maybe they left? Maybe they believed I was okay when in reality I was turning as white as Casper the ghost.

And hunny I wasn't feeling too friendly.

"We're coming in," Sebastian yelled, "are you decent?"

I giggled before coughing a little, "mhm."

There was a rustle before the door knob turned and the door swung open, the guys were all in sweats they must have been working out.

Enzo swatted the air, "smells like death in here." Sebastian elbowed him in ribs and gave him a look that screamed 'shut up'.

"Jesus Andy are you alright?" Phoenix asked.  His beautiful face slackened; his brow furrowed - eyes darting about in concern as if he were searching for something to make me feel better.

"Uh yes, wait, no I don't know." I answered between coughs, "I think I'm dying." Phoenix rolled his eyes and scooted closer to me, I held my breath not wanting him to smell my vomit breath.

He studied my face for a few seconds before nodding, "Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms of many conditions such as motion sickness or seasickness."

"Bro last time I checked we weren't in the sea," Enzo chuckled.

"I know that," Phoenix shook his head. "Could be emotional stress, gallbladder disease, overeating, food poisoning or..." he trailed off.

"Or?" I repeated anxiously, he gulped and turned to look at the guys.

"You probably just ate a bad burrito or something, those chimichangas do crazy things to the body." Sebastian rubbed his stomach, I grimaced and Enzo laughed softly.

Enzo nodded, "probably just something you ate don't worry about it princess."

"Okay that's enough, everyone out. Parties over kids," I pushed them out through the door, my clammy hands soaking their backs.

Sebastian and Enzo laughed like hyenas as the walked down the hallway to the stairs. I could hear them making vomiting noises from the kitchen, jerks.

Just as I was about to slam the door, Phoenix pocked his head back in. "If you need anything we'll just be downstairs okay?" I nodded and shut the door.

I leaned my back against the door and hit my head, ouch. I may not be as smart as Phoenix but I knew that vomiting was a symptom of...pregnancy.

Cursing under my breath I rummaged through my toiletry bag trying to find a pregnancy test. Oh god, oh god, oh god this can not be happening!

"Bingo!" I whispered and slowly pulled a white and blue pregnancy test out of my toiletries bag, it was still in the box, untouched.

I gulped as it slid out of the box and onto my palm, I was holding my future in my hand. Who knew my future would be a £5 pregnancy test from the drugstore?

That's when it hit me I don't know what I'm doing, I've never even held a pregnancy test before never mind used one.

Hesitantly, I pulled my phone out of the pocket of my pyjamas and began typing, "how does a pregnancy test work?" Into google, of course I could ask google, google had all the answers.

My eyes scanned over the words, "pregnancy tests are designed to tell if your urine or blood contains a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin." There were so many words on my phone I didn't know what to look at.

"...fertilised egg blah blah urine test and blood test blah blah missed period blah blah ask a doctor." I face palmed myself and began pulling my pants down ready to pee over this magical stick that was going to tell me if I was in deep shit or not.

I checked the instructions one last time, two red lines equalled pregnant and one red line equalled not pregnant.

Hey God it's me again, please let the pregnancy test show one red line. One red line! One red line! One red line! One red line for the winnnnnn, amen.

Squeezing my eyes shut I began to pee and continued to whisper the chant, "one red line, one red line, one red line..."

• remember to leave a cheeky vote 'n' comment, cheers! •