Chapter 25- Stranded

- new chapters soon -

You know that song 'All by Myself' by Celine Dion? Well, that song basically sums up how I'm feeling at the moment.

My shoulders are slump as I walk around the streets of Manchester aimlessly. Not sure where I was going to go, basically I was lost.

I raise and eyebrow at the sound of laughter, wait, happiness still existed? Not in my world it didn't or not at the moment.

After dragging my feet in the direction of the laughter I end up in a park, I smile.

The park covered a wide area that could fit about three small houses. It was hilly with a tall tree or two near one hill. There were benches for people to sit in every corner and jogging tracks were all around the edges of the park. The west corner had some swings too on which many children used to come and play. Flower hedges and bushes grew all around; this made the park look more pleasant and attractive. This place would have been most beautiful at this time; it would have been so pleasurable to relax here and take in some cool fresh air but only if bad things were not happening.

I looked down at my belly and stroked the nape of my neck. Inside me was a human, maybe.That was something I couldn't wrap my head around, how babies were made. It was crazy. Two people get together 'sparks' fly and boom you've got yourself a bun in the oven.

Massaging my temples I sigh, I was missing one of the key ingredients in making a happy bun, a dad.

The chances of my baby having a dad had completely flown out the window thanks to my naive behaviour.

I rub my eyes, but it was okay. I didn't have a dad and I turned out somewhat decent minus the three hiccups that got in my way.

My life was a mess and when things got messy you had to clean it up. I would make sure my life would be spick and span if not for me, for my baby.

I reached into my pockets and grabbed my phone, after tapping the screen a few times I brought it up to my ear.

"Hello? I need your help."

///

"Thanks again for letting me crash here," I smiled as Sarah and Jennifer pulled me into an embrace.

Jennifer was the first to pull away, "no worries we girls need to stick together." We giggled as we walked into their small lounge, basically a couch and an old tv.

Together we sat round a small pine table, "so spill what happened?" Sarah's eyes lit up as she leaned in closer.

All I said on the phone was I was stranded, pregnant and not sure who the father was. Now that I think of it that's a lot of information to unload on someone over the phone.

I sigh, "basically I messed up." My hands trembled, quickly I gripped the coffee mug to steady them. "Don't judge me but I slept with all my roommates got pregnant and when I told them they freaked." I blew on the coffee before sipping it.

They stare at me wide-eyed for a second before Sarah breaks the awkward silence, "I'm not judging you."

"You're not?" I spit the coffee back in the mug.

She shakes her head, "they're hot and sometimes we get distracted by their hotness and do stupid things." I nod, I guess that made sense.

"Like that Hannah Montana song, everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days." Jennifer laughed, "you've made a mistake...or three but it's not the end of the world." She takes my hand in hers, I try and smile.

I'd only met these girls once but it felt like they'd been my friends forever. People like this gave me hope.

"You guys are so nice," I look up with a smile.

Sarah blushed, "just doing what feels right." How on earth was this girl related to Enzo? She was the polar opposite to him, he called me a whore while she doesn't judge me.

"Treat people the way you want to be treated, right?" Jennifer leaned back and threw her hands behind her head.

Right.

I needed to write that quote down and make a poster, stick it on my wall. And everyday I would read it and remember.

Sarah tapped her feet against the floor,"what did they say when you told them you thought you were pregnant." She giggled, "I would pay good money to see the expression on Enzo's face."

We all howl with laughter, "well it was pretty priceless." I slap my knee and grin at them.

"They called me a slut and started attacking each other like that scene in Mean Girls," I look down with shame.

Jennifer chuckles, "the scene in the cafeteria." I bob my head in reply which only makes her laugh more.

"I can't believe they called you a slut, that's horrible. Did Sebastian call you it as well?" Sarah's eyes freeze.

"I kind of deserved it though and no he was the only one who didn't," my brows furrow as I imagine them at home in shock.

Jennifer pushes my chin up,"hey no you don't. Guys are idiots who slut shame girls when they get scared and that's not alright." My body droops but Jennifer continues to push me upwards.

"Yeah if you want to be a slut be the best slut you can be. No one has the right to shame you." Sarah steadied her eye contact and raised her eyebrows, I giggle.

In a bizarre way that made sense. I didn't want to be a slut but if I changed my mind who had the right to shame me?

"Don't worry the three musketeers will turn up on Wednesday to the doctors appointment." Jennifer reassured me.

"I hope so." I replied truthfully, if I was going to have a baby I didn't want to do it alone.

• girl power! •