10

Scott had brought me here this morning. He'd made sure there were no sharp objects that could be used as weapons, nothing that could pick a lock and no opened windows but he left me uncuffed, which I was thankful for. He'd also told me that the first night I'd came into the old place, it was actually him and not Alex who'd put me on the couch. Honestly, I wasn't surprised at all. Alex was a pretentious fuck who didn't even pretend to be nice, he just pretended to have done nice things. Which he clearly hadn't.

Last night's events were still pretty present as I went into the bathroom to take a shower (I had an adjoined bathroom how cool was that?!). How Alex had touched me, had kissed me, I could still taste his saliva and feel his fingers on my bare skin, it was disgusting. Thank god Scott came in, or- I didn't even want to know what would've happened.

But now we were safe from Alex. Hopefully. For now.

I came back into my room after the shower, putting on fresh clothes that Scott had picked up from a shop only a few hours ago. I still didn't know where here was, I'd been blindfolded on the way here, but I immediately felt more safe.

There was a knock and Scott came into the room, holding a tray with different food in his hands. I stared at him.

"Did you make that?"

He looked down at the tray but laughed. Honestly, since we'd been here he's been acting almost normal?

"Esther did. I called her this morning."

I nodded as he put the tray on my bedside table. I looked at the mac and cheese on one plate; it looked delicious.

"Can I-?" I asked, insecure about this whole shift of pretty much everything.

"Of course!"

I immediately started shoving mouthfuls of mac and cheese into my mouth. Wow, it tasted even better than it looked.

"Holy shit, this is fucking amazing!"

Scott chuckled. I'd never heard him chuckle before.

"I'll tell her."

When I had finished all the other food as well, Scott left, leaving me alone to the room and my thoughts. I stood up, not wanting to delve too much on the latter.

There were frames (without glass) on the dresser, pictures of various people. I wondered who they were until I got closer and immediately recognized those bright blue eyes and that beautiful smile. It was Scott, from him as a baby or toddler to what looked like more recent pictures where he already had his scruff. And then it hit me. I had no idea how old Scott was.

From what he looked like I bet he was around 20. Definitely older than me, but not much. I made a mental note to ask him about it, though.

The pictures were cute snapshots of all situations - from family vacation photos to Scott sitting in the driver's seat of a car, obviously distressed, there was a photo of everything you could come up with. While looking through the pictures, I nudged one with my elbow and it fell to the floor, the frame falling apart and letting the photo lay loosely on the ground. I quickly picked it back up, not wanting Scott to see that I was looking through his private stuff. I looked at the photo - it was Scott, about 4 or 5, with a baby in his arms, looking at it like it was everything he needed in life. I smiled. He looked so happy in that picture.

When I wanted to put it back into the frame, a writing on the back caught my attention, cursive letters stretching over the whole space. But when I read the words, I dropped the photo and frame again.

Scott and Julie, the most lovely siblings in the world.

Julie. Julie. Julie was his sister. Oh my fucking god.

I quickly bent down again, picking both things up, putting them back together and placing the frame right where it had been before so no one would notice. Still in shock, I went back to my bed and sat down on it, trying to process everything. He shot that man... because he had done something to Julie. His sister. But why did he take me if he was the good kind? Why did he make my life hell, putting me in danger with Alex if he could've let me go easily after taking revenge for what, the murder of his own sister probably?

Suddenly, it all made so much sense but some puzzle pieces still didn't seem to fit. The company, Alex as the boss, Scott having unpredictable moodswings and being generally very aggressive. I felt like there was much more to it all than I thought. And I made myself a promise to find out.