Epilogue

Scott's POV

If you said my life was back in order, you'd think you'd be right, but it would be a blatant lie.

2 years ago I'd left my house in fear of being prosecuted even though I knew I had it coming, but you still want to live after all, right? Besides, in the back of my mind there was always a part of me that hoped I'd meet Mitch again, even if it was just to let me know how much he hated me and how I'd ruined his life, because it was true, but I just wanted to see those beautiful chocolate eyes again that I fell in love with.

I felt disgusted with myself. I kissed him that one night, implying a possible relationship between us and he reciprocated my feelings, in the end even ending a human life to save me. Now I'm not saying Alex was a good person, but who are we to decide if someone lives or dies?

We don't, and that's the point.

We met through this big chain of events that had him at the wrong place at the wrong time and I would never be able to give him back what he'd missed out on. He'd been missing on his eighteenth birthday. I took his first kiss. I took his virginity.

Throughout those past 2 years there were moments where I thought I wouldn't live the next day. I wanted to kill myself, but I never did, never letting go of the hope to see him again.

However, I was proud of myself for letting him go. Not once have I doubted that this was the right decision, because I knew it was. It was the least I could do after putting him through so much.

Now I said my life wasn't back in order.

About a year ago I took a job as a cashier at Target. I had a steady income, even if it wasn't much but I could survive. I rented a small apartment in a suburb of LA, hoping to blend into the crowd. Of course, the odds of meeting Mitch would be close to zero at this point because who accidentally happened to be 1223 miles away from their hometown just grabbing a coffee.

However, a boy could still dream, and like that I grabbed my jacket and went out of the door to the nearest Starbucks. It was still early in the morning, about 8, and my shift didn't start until 2 pm so I had a lot of time to indulge in the delicious hot beverage and the equally as delicious pastry.

After a ten minute walk I arrived at the coffee shop, not surprised to already find it filled with many people. This was LA after all. I stood right at the end of the line, waiting, considering whether to get a strawberry frappuccino instead of my usual mocha order but decided against it, remembering how much I needed my caffeine right now. Just to confirm that, I yawned, absent-mindedly going through my pockets to find any spare change so I didn't have to use my credit card. And then it was my turn to order.

"A venti mocha frappuccino with double whipped cream and a raspberry muffin, please."

The girl smiled at me nicely, getting a cup from the pile and grabbing a pen.

"Sure, what's your name?"

"Scott."

She scribbled something onto the cup that judging from the length of it did not look like my five letter name, but I just shrugged it off, instead looking out of the window, wondering how on earth it ended up being 60 degrees on an early December morning.

December also meant Christmas was approaching. Which meant I had to fly back to Arlington for a few days to visit my family.

Visiting my family always ended up with me taking a cheap hotel on the outskirts of town, spending Christmas Eve completely on my own and going to the cemetery on Christmas morning to wish my mom, my dad and my sister a merry Christmas, wherever they were and hoped they were fine and that they liked it up there.

"Here's your drink, Scotty boy," the barista said playfully, zapping me back to reality. I thanked her, paid and looked at my cup. I sighed. She'd written my name with a heart behind it, and her phone number scribbled underneath. How was I going to break it to her that firstly, the only thing I felt was flattered but not in the least tempted to call her as I, as Mitch would say, absolutely loved compliments but not girls, and second, I'd met someone a long time ago that I hoped to meet again one day. I knew I should let go completely, but I couldn't. Mitch had probably already moved on, maybe he was engaged by now, who knew. He was only 20, a year younger than I'd been when I met him, but he's been through a lot which might have made him rearrange his whole life. I didn't know. For all I knew he could've gotten into a car accident, but that thought scared me, so I pushed it away.

And that's when I saw him.

No, not Mitch. That would've been crazy.

He was beautiful, though, had the same shade of dark hair that Mitch had. The same frame. He was talking to a very upbeat looking girl with long ombre hair, sipping her coffee happily. They were gossiping about something. If I was ready to move on, it would be with this guy. I could already tell he was beautiful and I hadn't even seen his face.

So, it's all or nothing.

I took a sip of my coffee for confidence, walking up to the table. I was nervous. Maybe this was the beginning of a new chapter. The girl eyed me suspiciously, before she whispered something to the boy and they stopped talking. I took all of my courage together. Since Mitch, I haven't tried speaking to a boy.

"Hi," I said, smiling. He looked at me, and it punched my breath out of my lungs. I was looking into those chocolate eyes that I fell in love with two years ago. "Mitch?"

"Scott?"

_
A/N: So this is it. Thank y'all so much for reading, voting and commenting, I've had so much fun writing this and seeing how far it got with only 3 weeks of writing is insane. Your comments make me smile and motivate me to write, so thank you ❤❤ There most likely won't be a sequel, but if I do plan one I'll let you know, but I'll definitely write more of that 'experimental' stuff, this was a genre that I've never written before but I always loved reading it.
Ok now I'm just rambling, that you so much and stay fcute! Love you! x