...when the pen speaks up

It was too silent, and she liked it. It was in the silence that she can think clearly, hearing her own thoughts as if it were a person talking to her. She never bothered to talk to anyone else about how her day has been, what she ate, who she bumped into. She never clamored for attention from anyone anyway. She would rather keep to herself, even if her peers try as much to reach out to her. Asking her to join them at lunch, leave the office together, join a weekend sojourn. No, she was never up to it. She'd rather stay long at the office and work on stuff that she wanted to get done, unlike her co-workers who'd do anything to get out early to hit the mall or pubs.

She was more comfortable staying all by her lonesome.

Of course that remains to be contested.

"Girl, you need a life."

So much for silence.

"Leave me alone, Bic. You know I'm still finishing some papers."

"Of course I know what you're doing, I've been here the whole day watching you. If I could just kick you out I really would."

"And yet you couldn't, you puny little rod."

"Hah! Be thankful that I never run out on you. You'd be insane without me."

"As if you could run. Just shut up for a bit, will ya? I need to finish this."

Silence is short-lived when you have a pen that can talk you to insanity.