... when thunder and lightning drown out the rain

It rained hard the following day, and they both had to wait it out. He went up to her office, since he sent his staff home a little earlier, sensing that the weather wasn't going to get better. She was still hunched over her table, pounding mercilessly on her calculator, the sound of the keys being punched matching the sound of thunder outside. Lightning cuts across the dark skies, making one shudder like it might pierce through anything that it comes across.

Pretty much sets the scene for an impending confession. If it may be called a confession, since he thinks he didn't really commit a crime. Even if the pen thinks otherwise, or his wise bottle advices him to come clean.

He enters her office. The receptionist gasps as he approaches her.

"Hi, is Miss Maine Mendoza still in?"

She sat there gawking at the figure in front of her. She's seen him before, and his reputation as a terror boss transcends the offices in the building. News travels through elevators, no matter how slow it goes.

"Uhm, miss? Can you tell Miss Maine that Richard's here?"

She blinked, processing what the dimpled guy before her is saying.

"I know who you are..."

"Oh. Ah. Ok..Can I just go to her desk, then?"

The receptionist, no matter how in awe she was with the gorgeous specimen before her, became suspicious, raised a brow, and gave him her most stern voice.

"And why should I let you in? Are you a client? What's your business with Miss Maine?"

"She's my girlfriend."

As if on cue, Maine stepped out and walked up to him. His arms immediately went around her and pulled her in for a hug, and gave her a kiss on the cheek. The receptionist fell back into zombie mode witnessing this display.

"I saw you from inside, I'm still not done though. Do you mind waiting for a while?"

"That's why I came up, so I can just wait with you here. Besides, the rain's still pouring real hard outside, it'll be torture on the road."

"Clarisse, is it ok if he comes in? We're the only two left in the office anyway. Besides, he knows how to behave."

She pinches him on the waist, earning her another kiss on the cheek, and he turned to the receptionist who was now turning red.

"Uhh, Miss Maine..."

"Please, Clarisse?"

"Please, Clarisse?"

He chimed in, batting his eyes at the young girl. She gave in.

"Fine, Miss Maine. But only until seven in the evening. I'm leaving in a few minutes, but you know you're not allowed to go on overtime anymore. If HR learns that I let you..."

"They won't Clarisse, don't worry. And I already got that memo from HR. We won't stay long, just until the rain's let up."

The receptionist nodded at them.

"Ok, then. I'm allowing this just because I trust you Miss Maine. And because your boyfriend's dimple is pretty."

They laughed at how blunt she said that. Maine swiped her ID on the door and led him in. The office was empty, and suddenly aware that they're alone, he pulled her hand, turning her to him and gave her a kiss. Surprised, her lips were partially open, making him dive in with his tongue. She pushed him back playfully, and pinched his nose.

"You do know we have CCTV cameras around here, right?"

"I know. This gives your security something to talk about."