... when the bottle comforts you

He made his way out of the office, brows furrowed and hands clenched. He was still not satisfied with what his staff turned over to him but he had to let them leave. It was a quarter past 1 in the morning, and he knows management will have him see HR again if he forced his staff to stay any longer. So much for being thorough with work. People are now more concerned with well being and balance. Whatever happened to diligence? He took the thumbdrive where the file for the presentation was saved and slid it inside his pocket. He just had to work on it some more when he gets to his condo, hoping Remy wouldn't bug him to relax and just watch TV.

"Richard?"

He sighed and just walked on towards the elevator.

"What now, Bel?"

"You should really just slow down. You didn't even take your medicine tonight."

"Shit. I forgot about that. Oh well, I forgot to eat dinner anyway, so..."

"See? That, too. Get some takeout. Real food, ok? No more of those cup noodles. You know they're not doing your digestion any good."

"Yeah, yeah. You're even worse than my mom. I'll order for delivery."

"Good. Then just fill me up. No more soda."

"Got it."

He gave the water bottle one last tap on the side of his backpack while waiting for the elevator to reach his floor.