... when a flip and a leap becomes the opening act

Not more than once did Maine gush over Richard's unit.

"My God, Richard, your place is huge! And the view...I'm not much for heights but the city skyline from here is amazing!"

"It would look nicer if you stepped out on the balcony."

"Don't make me, please. I'm ok looking out from behind this glass door. But this still isn't the penthouse, right? You're still a few more floors below."

"The penthouse is way above my price range, but this one is just right. Far enough to get this view, but not too high up."

She was still looking out the glass door when she heard a faint voice from inside his bedroom.

"Richard! Hey, Richard! Is she here? Is that her I hear? Is she here?! Richard!"

She heard the volume of the television going up and down, getting loud then soft, and a rapid changing of channels.

Richard stopped plating the pasta and went to his bedroom.

"Hello, Dearie."

"Oh hi Bel! I didn't notice you there, terribly sorry! I was drawn to the lights of the skyline."

"No worries, Maine. I'm happy that Richard brought you here."

"I'm glad I came, too. Uh, Bel? Whose voice was that I heard awhile ago?"

"That was me! Oh good golly, she's really beautiful Richard! Hi Maine! I'm Remy! Oooh, she's so pretty! Really pretty! Richard, bring me closer! Hi Maine! Goodness golly, I'm so ecstatic to meet you!"

Richard was just coming out of his room, and seems to be struggling to hold on to something in his hand, but it keeps slipping and wriggling (yeah, they could do that, too) out from his grip.

"Remy! Hold still! I swear if you fall down again I will not replace your batteries! Remy!"

But the remote was getting out of control (ok, pun intended), and it enthusiastically jumped from Richard's hands to the couch, bounced once and then stood upright.

"Oh my! She is so pretty, Richard! Goodness golly, she's like an angel! Hi Maine! Hi! Hello there! Welcome to Richard's home! I'm Remy! Ooooh, she's coming near me!"

Maine giggled, making Richard smile for he likes the sound of her giggling, and she sat on the couch. She was about to pick up the remote when it bounced one more time and landed on her lap. She was quick to hold on to it, for it almost did another somersault.

"Whoa! You're one gymnast, aren't you?"

"Ooooh, she jokes! Richard, she has a sense of humor! She's not like you! Ooooh, I like her already! Goodness golly, she's funny! And pretty! Pretty and funny! Goodness golly, I like her! Hi Maine! Hi! I'm Remy!"

Maine was now clutching her stomach, laughing so hard at Remy who keeps bouncing back and forth from the couch to her lap. She couldn't put a word in as Remy kept babbling, to Richard's amusement who went back to the kitchen and resumed preparing the dining table.

"Slow down Remy, you might fall."

"Oh, that's alright! I'm bouncy, I don't break easily! Oooh, you have nice hands! Did you and Richard hold hands already? He's got soft hands, huh? Huh?"

"Remy, dearie, please calm down. I can see you flipping from way up here on the kitchen counter."

"Ooh, Bel! Hi Bel! But her hands really are nice! Slender fingers, and neat nails! Not like Andrea's long, red ones, right Richard? Oh, oops, sorry, oh no! I'm sorry! No, no, no. Pretend you didn't hear me! Ooohh, that was so wrong! Maine, close your ears!"