... when the ride up excites

Elevator rides became an adventure for them every morning, he with his bottle and she with the pen. Arguments sometimes ensue, but not coming from the humans who bring them. On very early mornings when they are the only ones inside, one can easily hear them.

"Girl, hey, girl! Maine! Psst!"

She was busy to answer, of course, for her lips were occupied and all she could do was to shove the pen back further into her bag.

"Richard, I'm about to topple over. Oops, Maine, dearie, I think I spilled some water on your blouse."

He adjusted the bottle on the side of his backpack with one hand, the other around her waist and drawing her even closer as they continue smooching for a few more undisturbed floors going up. They have the whole elevator to themselves, and they already know where the CCTV is so they position themselve on the leftmost corner near the doors, just beneath the camera. His floor comes first, but being a little too early than most of the workforce, he always brings her up to her floor. Many times they would've almost gotten away with actually doing the deed on the ride up, if it weren't for their 'companions'.

"Seriously! Didn't you guys just do it last night? Don't you feel dehydrated?!"

"Oh Bic, just don't mind them. They're young. But, yes, Maine, dearies, how about some water?"

They have gotten the timing down to a pat, from getting on the elevator all the way up to the 24th floor just before it opens, because they have just enough time to fix themselves up. A touch-up of her lipstick, while he wipes off the marks on his lips. Smoothing the creases on her blouse, his hand naughtily lingering on her chest area, feigning innocence that he was just helping out when she pushes off his hand with a giggle. When the number pings the floor, they step out and he leads her to her office. He gives her a lingering kiss on the cheek and a squeeze on the waist, while she holds on to his arms.

"Have a nice day, dearie."

"You, too, Bel. See you later?"

"Bye love. Dinner, ok? I have a lunch meeting."

"Sure, no problem. I have to catch up on work, too."

"She sure does. She's going to drive Callie insane again. Hey, Mallows, can I just go with you to your office instead? Callie's no fun when Maine keeps punching her all day."

"Oh, so you want an escape, huh?"

"Haha, sure Bic. Can I take Bic with me?"

"Uhm...is that ok? She won't be too much of a bother?"

"Nah. I'll just have her on my chest pocket the whole day, not a big deal. Although you have to promise, Bic, that you won't keep whispering and nagging at me, clear?"

"Me?! Nag?! Hah!"

"Maybe taking Bic with you isn't a good idea."

"I promise to behave! Please! Take me!"

"Hahaha! Don't worry, we'll be fine."

"What about you, Bel? Is it ok if Bic tags along?"

"Dearie, it's ok. It'll be like a field trip. I'll make sure Bic doesn't get into trouble."

"You make it sound like I'm such a delinquent."

With a chuckle, he leaned in to kiss her again, a little longer than he intended to.

"Girl, I swear, your lipstick runs out a lot faster since being with Mallows. Ugh. Enough of that. Let's go!"