...when the question is asked

He woke up and felt for the warm body beside him. He's gotten used to waking up next to her, and he panicked when she wasn't there. He stood up and tried to make sense of what happened the night before. They went back to her place to pick up her stuff because they agreed to go to the beach that weekend. She took her old blanket with her. They were supposed to go early, but as his eyes focused on the clock beside his table, he saw that it was already past 7 in the morning. So much for starting early. Well, they did tire each other out most of the night, and early that morning. They left their friends outside the room, even the blanket so that it doesn't get shoved off the bed.

"Maine? Love?"

She was nowhere in his room. The water wasn't running in the toilet so she's not there. He stood up and donned his boxers. He drew back his curtains, cursed a bit on the bright sunlight and just squinted until his eyes adjusted. He made his way out of his room, and saw her standing in his kitchen, surrounded by their friends. The blanket and bottle were bunched up on the kitchen counter. The remote was leaning on the dish rack, and the pen was in a mug next to it.

"Good morning."

"Hey! Good morning Love, mwah!"

She stood on tiptoe to kiss him, and he lifted her up on the counter, sitting her next to the blanket.

"Good morning, Richard."

"Hey, Binky."

"Hello, Dearie."

"Bel, nice morning. How's it going, Bic?"

"You need to shave."

"Haha, yes, I will. Uhm, Remy? You seem quiet."

The remote remains unmoving, as if it were trying its best to ignore the human hovering over. She whispered gently into his ear.

"We're having a counseling session for Remy."

"Ahh...I thought Bic finally found a way to dislodge his batteries."

"Hah! I'm this close to doing it."

"You will not! You're always bullying me!"

"Ok, ok, settle down. Remy, is there anything you want to tell Richard?"

"..."

"Come on, kid. You know you can't hold off keeping still."

"Remy, dearie, we've talked about this."

"Bring him in the mug with me, I'll make him talk."

"Bic, please."

Richard turned to Maine, eyes questioning. She touched his nose, tracing the bridge down to the outline of his lips.

"Remy's a little upset that you haven't been home that much. And that you're always at my place."

"Oh."

"And you've stopped watching TV! Because you're probably always watching TV over at Maine's place! And she has her own remote friend!"

"Oh believe me, they don't always watch TV."

"Bic."

Richard picked up the remote and took it with him to the couch. Maine stepped down from the counter and joined them. The remote jumped off from his hands and settled on the couch, like a sulking kid. She sat on the center table facing them, smiling gently at both of them.

"Remy, do you feel like I'm not spending time with you anymore?"

"..."

"He sure does."