...when the remote gets overeager

After bringing Maine to where she lives, Richard went back to his place to take a shower and got dressed. He remembered that he asked his staff to report back in the morning and do overtime for the presentation that they turned over last night. He was beginning to regret that he sent that message to them, but he made a mental note to buy them pizza. He was feeling unusually refreshed, even without any sleep at all.

"Richard?"

"Hmm, yes Bel?"

"Don't you think you should take the day off? You haven't had any sleep, and your medicine..."

"Oh yeah, forgot about that. I'll drink them now. And I won't be long in the office, just a quick meeting with the staff."

"Shouldn't you get some sleep, at least? Even for an hour or so. You get crankier than usual when you lose sleep, and your poor staff will take a beating again."

"I don't feel sleepy, Bel. I actually feel...energized."

"Energized? Who's energized? And why didn't you guys come home last night? Where'd you guys go? Huh, Bel? What happened to our boy, here? Richard, you look ... whoa! There's a girl! It's got to be a girl! Oh good golly, there's a girl!"

"Goodness, Remy, please calm down. Richard, bring Remy back to the center of the bed. Remy, stop jumping around."

"Just tell me, Bel, it's a girl, right? Oh good golly! Finally, a new girl! Is she coming over? When do I meet her? Is she pretty? Is she nice? Are her hands soft? Does she like watching TV? Does she know about me?"

Richard was laughing so hard at the jumping remote control and it's incessant chatter. The TV kept changing channels each time the remote would jump on the bed. He had a hard time holding it still. It was too excited.

"Yes, she knows about you guys. Bel's met her, and I've met some of her friends, too."

"Ooohh! She's like you! Oh good golly! It's a tie! There're two of you! Bel! Bel! How'd she look like? Does she have long hair? Does she smell good? How does her smile look? Do you think she'll like me? Does she like our boy Richard here?"

"Well, you'll find out for yourself because she's having dinner here tonight."

"Tonight?! Like....TONIGHT?!? Good golly, Richard! Where are you still going? You're going back to your office? You need to clean up! You have to tidy the living room! You have to prepare for dinner! Don't even think of ordering take-out and just sit on the couch and watch TV. I'll hide from you, I swear if that's what you plan to do! Don't mess this up!"

"Whoa! Remy, please, calm down! I'm just going to check on a presentation in the office, do some groceries, and then I'm back here. Is that ok?"

"Good, good! Get going then! Good golly! Go! And get back here quick! You have a lot to do! Good golly, a girl is coming over!"

"Haha, ok, ok, I'm leaving. And turn off the TV, please. We don't want the neighbors getting spooked again."

Richard grabbed the water bottle and headed for the door.

"Richard! Wait!"

"Yes, Remy?"

"What's her name?"

Richard smiled, his dimple deepening and his eyes twinkling. Bel noticed this and winked at Remy.

"Her name's Maine."

"Maine. Maine. Maine girl. Oooh, good golly, I like her already!"