chapter ten

We arrived at the hotel we were staying at within an hour after we all got to the airport. I didn't get to pick my room since I got up last, but the only person I was allowed to room with was Cameron, and he got a decent room. After I unpacked my stuff, it was like 8. I walked into the room connected to ours, which was Nash's and Matthew's. Great pair, right? Nash was talking to his mom on the phone, so I sat down next to Matt on the bed. 

"This hotel is so nice!" I exclaimed. 

Matt shrugged, "Yeah, it's alright."

"Alright?! It's awesome!" 

He laughed at my excitement, but of course I was excited! I hadn't stayed in a hotel since I was six! I guess he could tell, because the next thing he said was, "Have you ever been in a hotel?"

I laughed, "OBVIOUSLY!"

"Oh really?" He raised his eyebrows, "and when was that?"

I smiled at the ground and half mumbled, half laughed something out, "seven years ago."

He jumped up in shock, "SEVEN YEARS?"

Nash walked over, not on the phone anymore, "Seven years?!"

I laughed at myself, which was something I tended to do a lot. "Yeaaaah.."

Nash was about to say something, but my phone rang. "Are you here yet?!" Eva's voice shouted excitedly.

"Um, no, not yet," I lied.

"Oh, okay, well call me right when you're here!"

I agreed and we hung up. "Why'd you lie?" Matt asked

I smiled and shook my head, "Guys come with me." I grabbed Nash's wrist and walked out of the room and down the hall to Shawn's room with Matt following. 

His door was wide open, so I leaned on the frame, "Hey loser," I smiled as Shawn's head snapped back towards me.

"Oh hey! Nice to see you too!" He blew me a sarcastic kiss. 

I laughed along with him, "you can drive, right?" He nodded.

"Wanna go on an adventure?" I said like a little kid. Nash and Matt exchanged a confused look with eachother. 

Carter shrugged, "Sure, I guess.."

I began walking down the hallway, with the three boys trailing behind me when I remembered something. Cameron. I had to bring him, he had to meet my best friend. I told the boys to go pull the car around while I got him.

After he threw on his red vans and a red tee shirt, Cam and I finally got down to the silver rental prius waiting for us in the vallet area.

I sat shotgun while CShawn drove, being the only one old enough, and the other boys sat in the back. I directed Shawn ten minutes away to my old neighborhood. They were all impressed with my navigation skills, but then again, I'd driven these roads hundreds of times. We passed by my house, and I pointed it out to the boys. There was already a new family living there. 

We soon pulled down a long driveway, revealing a huge, gray-stone house. I opened the car door and approached the house with the boys following like a mob behind me, but a quiet mob. I knocked on the big front door, seeing that there were cars in the driveway, otherwise I would've just walked in. Mrs. Miller answered the door with Eva's little brother on her hip. She threw her hand to her mouth, and so did Jared. I couldn't tell if it was because of me, or the famous people, but I could tell she was happy to see me again. I put a finger to my lips, motioning her to be quiet. She put Jared down and gave me a big hug, while he clung on to my leg. I laughed quietly.

After going into the kitchen, I explained my plan to Mrs. Miller and the boys with Jared in my arms. They agreed and I began walking up the stairs, nervous of seeing Eva again. When I got to the top of the stairs, I took a right down the long hallway. Eva's bedroom door was wide open, but her bathroom door was shut. I went over and pulled out an old photo album I gave to her when I moved, sat down on her bed, and began looking through it. I blinked away tears a few times when I was looking at our baby pictures, realizing I missed her so much. Suddenly I heard the door unlock indicating she was coming out. A slight grin came across my lips as I looked at the open book in my lap. The door opened as she walked out drying her dirty-blonde hair with a towel.

"Oh, hey," she said.

I looked up at her smiling. She continued walking to her dresser but suddenly stopped in her tracks. "KYRA ROSE!" she shrieked, I smiled, shot up, and wrapped her in a huge hug. 

We talked for a few minutes, she asked how long I've been here, why I didn't call her, stuff like that. After she brushed her hair, I told her that her mom said she'd take us to go get frozen yogurt. She agreed with a, "good, you need to tell me all about the boys!" Classic Eva. I mentally grinned, thinking about the plan.

We trotted down the stairs as Eva yelled, "Mom?"

"I'm in here, honey!" she responded with a slight laugh.

We followed her voice to the living room. The boys sat comfortably on the furniture, eating chips, looking like they'd been here for hours. 

Eva stopped dead in her tracks, staring wide-eyed at the four famous boys sitting in her house. Their heads snapped back as they all verbally greeted her in one way or another. Her glossy eyes began to water as I giggled. It made me so happy to see my best friend so excited, but she still wasn't moving. 

They all began to stand up and made their way over to us. One by one, they introduced themselves. 

She bawled when Shawn hugged her, him being her favorite. They were surprisingly sweet to her, even being all emotional. After she calmed down and properly introduced herself, she turned to me and threw her arms around my neck. "Thank you so much Kyra."

I smiled as we said goodbye to Mrs. Miller and Jared. Eva sat in the front on the way back to the hotel with Carter, and I sat in the back on Cameron's lap.

When we arrived at the hotel, Bart called an emergency meeting, so we left Eva in my hotel room before getting to meet any of the others. It was quick, he only wanted to confirm meeting times tomorrow, and just let us know to be back at the hotel for dinner. He said it was fine for Eva to stay for dinner, and get to know the family a little more.

We had until 6, and right now it was 9 right now. After discussing with the boys what we were going to do for the day, we decided on going to the boardwalk. We had three seperate cars, one for each person who could drive. Carter, Shawn, and Taylor were the only ones who could legally drive at the moment. I ran up to my room and changed. I chose my light denim shorts, my white baseball tee shirt that said "nashty" in blue letters, and white converse. Eva laughed at my shirt, it being the one she bought me for no apparent reason a few months before I left. We all met in the lobby and split up into different cars. I was with Cameron, Matt, Eva, and Carter. 

*

Heeey. Not much has happened since I last updated. Umm, yeahh. Magcon tickets go on sale soon. I'm pumped. What do I do?! 256% chance that when I meet Matt I'll be bawling my eyes out lol okay bye love you