chapter eleven

We all arrived at about the same time, but immediately went our seperate ways. Eva went off with Carter, so I decided to walk around with Nash for a little while. We walked down to the carnival rides and stood in line for some spinny ride. A ton of people were staring at us, well most likely Nash, cause he was Nash. Soon enough, some girl came up to us and asked for his picture, and well, long story short, we were mobbed.

I wasn't expecting to be recognized, but a lot of people actually knew who I was and asked for pictures. I took pictures with everyone, and I was actually really excited that I was kind of famous, but Nash seemed really annoyed. 

"Hey, guys, guys," the mob calmed dow for a minute, "If you don't mind, could you maybe leave us alone for a while? We're gonna be around for a week, so you'll probably see us again, but we really wanna be alone right now," we watched most of the disappointed faces walk away, "Thank you! We love you!"

By the time everyone was gone, we were already at the front of the line, so we barely got to talk.

After the ride, Nash noticed my shirt, "Hey, that's adorable!"

I looked down, and suddenly I was embarrassed. I had totally forgotten I was going with Nash! I can't believe I wore a fan shirt! How pathetic!

I let out a small, uneasy laugh before I was interuppted by another girl approaching us. She had long brown hair and big brown eyes, she actually looked a lot like me. 

"Hey Nash!" 

His head quickly turned to the familiar voice. A smile unknowingly covered his face as his hand flew up to the back of his neck, "Samantha, hi!"

She stood in front of us, looking at Nash, then glanced towards me, implying for an introduction.

"Oh! Um, this is Kyra, Cam's sister," he turned towards me, "and Kyra, this is Sam. She's, um, an old friend."

I nodded with a friendly smile and reached my hand out towards her. She shook it, but then Matt approached us with Aaron. 

Matt looked as if he were about to say something to me, but he did a double take with a surprised look in his eyes, "Sam!"

"Hi, Matty!" she leaned in and hugged him. Aaron followed Matt's actions. Seems like everyone knew her except for me.

After they finished catching up for a minute, Aaron looked towards me. "Hey, let's let Nash and Sam catch up, come on," he grabbed my wrist as Matt followed. 

Once we were out of ear shot, heading towards the games, I asked the question I'd been dying to know the answer to for the past five minutes, "Who was she? How do all of you know her?"

The boys excanged a look before Matt explained. "Her name's Samantha, she and Nash used to date a little when we came for most of the summer last year."

My expression dropped a tiny bit, "Were they, like, serious?"

They both began to speak at the same time, Aaron kept saying no, but Matt's answer caught me. "Yeah, kinda." 

I stumbled as a knot formed in my throat. Aaron's eyes widened at Matt, then he glanced at me. "Excuse us for a second."

He grasped Matt's arm just above his elbow and stomped away about 20 feet. They probably thought I couldn't hear them, but boy, were they wrong. 

"You can't just tell her that!" Aaron exclaimed.

Matt shrugged all nonchalantly, "she needed to know, I mean, I feel bad, but they broke up all the time. The only reason the last time was we had to leave. She knows we're back, Aaron! She'll be all over him and he won't stop her!"

"Exactly, we can't tell her that, it'll kill her!"

Matt let out a heaving breath, "Aaron, I know you want to comfort her, but she has to know the truth, she wants to know if she's a threat. And we both know she is."

Aaron huffed a short burst of air, "Fine," he mumbled before coming back to where I stood awkwardly, pretending I wasn't listening. 

"Listen, Kyr, Nash and Samantha got back together, like, six times. He was crazy about her," Aaron put his hand on my shoulder while he explained. 

"I mean, I think you're a lot nicer and funnier and prettier, but honestly, he loves her. The last time they broke up, he was depressed for a good month and a half," Matt continued. 

I was too focused on Nash and Samantha to even notice that Matt just called me pretty. 

They looked a little uneasy, but by the time we sat down on the stools at the water gun counter, they seem to have forgotten. We played four rounds, I won twice, and Matt and Aaron both won once. The rest of the day was fuzzy, but they did a really good job at making me forget about Nash. Aaron eventually ended up going off with the Jacks, so Matt and I just hung out for an hour and a half before we needed to go. I was still getting used to everyone knowing who I was, so every time someone would say my name, my head would snap in that direction. Every few minutes we would stop and talk to some fans, or take selfies or whatever.

The question I had been prepared for the whole day finally popped up from a fan, "Aww are you guys dating?"

Matt and I exchanged a glance, then both let out a loud laugh in sync. Nailed it, I wasn't gonna have to play it off like it didn't hurt again, "He's like my brother!" I answered to the girl. 

The rest of the time there was irrelevant, the car ride home was really awkward though, I didn't feel like talking to anyone besides Matt and Aaron at the moment. I knew Nash was gonna tell me he wanted Samantha back relatively soon. 

The meeting was only like half an hour, it was more of a rehersal than meeting, but I was still in a room with a bunch of people I didn't want to talk to. Nash kept looking at me, I could feel it, but I refused to look back. I wasn't mad, I just didn't want to talk. Because I knew what was coming. 

*

Guys so Magcon was yesterday and I have a lot to talk about so my next update isn't going to be another chapter, it's going to be my experience. I always promised I wouldn't stop my story at any given point but this is an interesting and relevent topic, soo yeah. That might be up tonight, too! I can't wait for you to read it!