One

Sehun tapped his ballpoint pen against the table as he stared at a certain someone from across the cafeteria. Soft brown hair that was easily blown with the wind, kind hazel eyes and beautiful tan skin; Sehun was enchanted and he wanted nothing more than to capture that image and put it on his canvas. He wasn't perfect, he wasn't even the most attractive guy he'd ever seen, but there was something about him. Something about his imperfection that was so beautiful. How had he never noticed him before?

Amber looked at him in annoyance.

"Are you just gonna keep staring at the guy?"

"Yes."

She rolled her eyes, leaning back in her chair. "Just go and ask him if you want him to be your model. Jeez. It ain't rocket science."

"You're right," He shook his head with a sigh, "It's worse than rocket science."

"Should have seen that coming," Amber mumbled with a sigh. "Anyway, are you planning to stare at him until he falls in love with you or something?"

Sehun contemplated for a moment. "Edward did it in Twilight," he said thoughtfully.

The short-haired girl blinked at him, "Sometimes I don't know when you're being serious."

Sehun didn't reply and continued to stare at the boy. Kim Kai was his name. Sehun was never really interested in him before. A few days ago he'd just have have shrugged him off like everyone else at school. But then this one time, while he was watching some hot K-Pop boys on YouTube, he stumbled upon this video of Kai and his friend, Lay, covering the dance for SHINee's "Lucifer". And Sehun found himself staring at the former, almost enthralled. Sooner rather than later he found himself subscribing to their channel and watching every single dance cover of theirs. That was when he decided he wanted Kai to be his model for his upcoming art contest.

Except... Sehun had zero social skills and he couldn't just go up to the guy and ask him, because pfft, that'd be stupid. So he opted for the much classier option of staring at him every lunch period, trying to memorize his features so he could go home later and try to draw him.

Every time he tried though, it just never came out quite right. And so he realized all over again his crushing failure at the most basic aspects of life. Talking to people. He just couldn't do it. He couldn't go up to a stranger and just strike up a conversation. Just the thought of it made his whole body quiver in discomfort.

Although, on staring at the guy for so many days in a row, he couldn't help but notice a few things about him. He hung out with the same bunch of people almost everyday; his girlfriend Victoria, an attractive, black-haired girl who was as beautiful as she was smart, and his three best friends, Lay, Kris and Shownu. He also noticed that Kai smiled a lot. Like, a lot. Except, his smile was so obviously fake that it was almost sad, at least to Sehun. He honestly felt that fake smile to be very unappealing. What he did find appealing, however, was his occasional resting bitch face when he thought no one was looking or when no one was talking to him. Why? Because it wasn't fake, it was genuine. It was rather comical too, when someone who smiled so much showed that face that had "I'm so done with life," written all over it. It also gave him this air of unapproachable-ness (if that was even a word) that was somewhat... attractive. Sehun couldn't explain it.

"You do know the deadline for handing in your submission is in a week right? And you still haven't turned up squat." Amber said with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes I know," Sehun groaned, burying his face into his arms in frustration. Maybe I should just back out of the competition. The theme was "People", and as much as Amber tried to convince him to pick literally anyone else on the planet, Sehun insisted that he wanted to draw Kai. Problem was he never could get his face quite right no matter how much he tried.