Seven

"Did I get it right?"

Kyungsoo's blank eyes scanned through Kris' homework, making sure his working was correct. After Kris failed a recent math quiz, Kyungsoo was now his designated math tutor to help him improve. As if I wasn't seeing enough of his face already. Stupid math teacher. Of course the two of them couldn't be more annoyed by the fact but surprisingly enough, Kris was a fast learner when he actually put his mind to things.

"I'm surprised you aren't completely dumb," Kyungsoo said, handing him back his notebook.

"I'm not dumb," Kris retorted, "And you've only had to explain things to me once so far."

"I guess I'm a good teacher then." Kyungsoo shrugged, making the taller boy sigh. He was never going to actually voluntarily praise him, so there was no point trying. He went to do the next problem but paused, eyeing Kyungsoo.

"Hey, I bet you I can do this next one by myself."

Kyungsoo looked down at the problem and cocked a brow, "I doubt it."

Kris smirked, "Let's make it a bet. Loser has to do whatever the winner wants."

"Technically I can already make you do whatever I want, but okay."

Kris grinned, "Great."

He then spent the next ten minutes on that complicated problem, a frown between his eyebrows as he tried to work it out. He had to erase his working and try again a couple of times, determined to win the bet. The other boy sat back on his bed, amused at how diligently he was solving the problem. Once he was done, he handed Kyungsoo his notebook with a grin.

He scanned the page for a minute, going through Kris' working. It was messy and there were a lot of scribbles but surprisingly enough, he was on the right track. He actually got the answer right in the end.

"Alright, what do you want?" He sighed, putting down Kris' notebook.

"The least you could do is admit I did well."

"You sure you wanna waste your chance of making me do whatever you want on that?"

"You're a pain in the ass, you know that?" Kris groaned, sitting cross-legged on Kyungsoo's bed and thinking about what he could ask him to do. Something that took him out of comfort zone. 

Then suddenly it hit him.

"Smile."

Kyungsoo cocked a brow.

"What?"

Kris smirked, "I want you to smile. I've never seen you smile. It's simple enough."

The shorter boy crossed his arms, genuinely surprised at Kris' request. "Why does it matter to you?"

He scowled, "Is it bad that I wanna see you not be a soulless dick for once? Besides, I'm curious to see what you'd look like"

Kyungsoo frowned, looking down at his lap. It did sound like a simple task but to him it was incredibly difficult. Kris had pinpointed one of his weaknesses and was taking advantage of it.

"If you were smart, you could just ask me to keep you in the art club without having to be my assistant."

Kris' eyes widened for a moment, before he scoffed, "Yeah, I totally thought of that!"

"Sure," Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, hoping to drop the subject. But obviously Kris wasn't going to give up so easily.

"Come on, do it already! Unless you're scared."

Kyungsoo sighed in exasperation. He forced the corners of his lips up and parted his lips, giving the taller boy a toothy grin. Kris widened his eyes.