Eleven

Avoiding Kai at school was becoming a real chore. Okay so maybe Sehun overreacted the previous night. He wasn't really that mad. He was just confused. When he saw Amber and Kai following him that day, he felt angry yet at the same time... It made his heart flutter that Kai was so bothered that he had to tail him on his date. It sort of gave him hope that... maybe Kai liked him back. But it also confused the hell out of him because he had a girlfriend, and there was no way he'd leave a beautiful girl like Victoria for blegh Sehun. Heck he didn't even know if he was into guys. He avoided Kai because he didn't want him getting in the way of making his decision. His decision on whether or not to date Tao.

Their date had gone great but it was hard for Sehun to think of him as anything more than a friend. Besides the tons of compliments and excessive eye contact, it just felt like they were hanging out as usual. But he couldn't just leave the guy hanging, he had to give him an answer. His head told him that he should go for it. Tao was a sweet, amazing guy who would definitely treat him right. But his heart only wanted Kai. Dorky, understanding, cute Kai that liked Sehun just the way he was. He knew he couldn't have him, but he liked him so much, it was almost annoying.

Groaning, he put down his paintbrush in frustration, unable to focus on his painting anymore.

"You okay?" Kyungsoo asked suddenly from beside him, making the boy jump. He forgot Kyungsoo was even in the art room since it was so quiet.

"U-Uh, yeah. Fine."

The shorter boy nodded slowly and turned back to his own canvas. Sehun frowned at him.

"Hey, Kyungsoo... You look different."

The boy looked up at him, "Different? How so?"

Sehun wasn't sure. He was wearing the same clothes, had the same haircut and it wasn't like he was wearing makeup or anything. Yet he looked different- brighter. "I don't know, you're kinda... glowing?"

Kyungsoo's looked at him curiously for a second before a small blush appeared on his cheeks. Sehun wasn't sure if he saw that right. I mean, Kyungsoo? Blushing? That's new. He cleared his throat and shrugged, looking away from Sehun.

"You must be imagining things."

"Huh..." Sehun said slowly, "I guess so. Where's Kris? He's usually here during lunch break."

His blush seemed to darken when he heard the name but he tried to play it cool by shrugging casually, "Don't know."

"Speak of the devil..." Sehun stated when the door opened and a tall boy walked in, hands shoved deep in his pockets. Kyungsoo looked up as well, pursing his lips as Kris made his way toward them.

"You're late," Kyungsoo said bluntly as he turned his attention back to his painting, "Sit down, we're gonna do landscape today."

"Actually," Kris spoke, pausing for a moment, "I'm quitting the art club."

Kyungsoo's tried to hide the shock on his face as he met the taller boy's gaze. Which were unnervingly serious.

"Very funny."

"I'm serious," Kris said, and the look on his face did nothing to prove that wrong. Kyungsoo stared at him blankly for a moment, their conversation from the previous night seeping in. He knew he said some mean things but he'd apologized to him. And they were just fine after it. So why was Kris quitting now?

Sehun looked between the two, feeling the tension in the air building and deciding it was best if he gave the two some privacy. He quickly stood up from his seat, leaving the art room so the two were alone in there. He had no idea what was going on between them but he wasn't about to poke his nose in other peoples' business. Unlike some people.