Five

Kai had an arm wrapped around his girlfriend as she rested her head on his shoulder. They were sat at the pier, listening to the sound of waves crashing against the shore as the moonlight shone down on them. They talked about random things, shared secrets, just enjoying each other's company and closeness. It was moments like these that Kai loved the most. Being surrounded by nature and being with the person he loved. It was simple but he enjoyed the little things like that the most.

"Say," she mumbled, lifting her head from his shoulder to look at him, "You said on the phone you met Amber earlier today."

"Yeah, she came over to Sehun's place for lunch. I don't think she likes me very much though," he scrunched up his nose.

Victoria nodded slowly, a distant look in her eyes.

"Why?"

"Well..." she sighed, "We used to be kinda close. But some shit happened and we haven't talked since freshman year. I guess I just wonder how she's doing every now and again."

Kai lifted his eyebrows, "You were friends with Amber?"

"Aha," she hummed, looking straight ahead as if remembering something.

"I never knew. You guys make a weird pair."

Victoria scowled, "And you think you and Sehun don't make a weird pair?"

"You have me against a wall here," he chuckled.

"How'd you guys get so close anyway? You're like the most unlikely friends if I've ever seen any."

"Why do you say that?"

She shrugged, "You're just so different. And I don't think I've ever seen you even interact before. It's weird how fast you became so close.

"Huh. I don't know, he's just so... weird," Kai said with a smile, "He's quirky and fun and he's nothing like the stereotypical high school kids you see everywhere. Did you know he does martial arts?"

Victoria looked genuinely surprised at that, "Really? I'd have never guessed."

"Me too. Don't judge a book by it's cover, huh?"

She sighed, "You're right."

"Anyway," Kai grinned, brushing a stray her off her face, "Let's not talk about other people right now. I only wanna think about you."

"Ugh, don't make me throw up," she rolled her eyes, looking away from him but he gently took her chin and turned her face back to him again.

"I don't recall saying you were allowed to look away."

"Geez Kai, you know I don't like all this sappy stuff."

"Lies," he leaned closer, lowering his voice, "you love it, it just makes you shy."

Her breathing hitched as he inched closer, their lips only centimeters apart.

"Like hell it does," she whispered, but closing her eyes and giving in anyway.

He smirked before closing the distance between their lips. They molded together instantly, moving in sync with an unspoken rythm that almost matched the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. Kai's hands cupped her cheek as she pulled him closer, digging her fingers into his hair. It was a habit of hers, Kai had noticed, and he sure wasn't complaining. Slowly but surely, what started out as an innocent kiss became a hungrier one. He ran his tongue across her bottom lip and she glady opened up for him, their tongues dancing together. Kai's hands trailed down her body and to her waist, slowly inching down under her shirt to trace her soft skin. She shivered under his touch as her own arms wrapped his neck, pulling him impossibly closer.