Nineteen

Kai was frozen in place, petrified, mouth hanging open, unable to believe what had just transpired.

She saw...

He didn't even realize his hands were shaking so much until Sehun held it in his own. He turned to him, finding Sehun looking equally scared and concerned.

"Kai... You're shaking."

"I... She's going to tell dad... I-I..."

"It'll be alright. Let's just... Let's just think of something."

Kai shook his head slowly, feeling his heart thump as if it was gonna blow right out of his chest.

"Maybe we can say it was just a misunderstanding, or..." Sehun trailed off, mind going blank.

Kai stood up, running a hand through his hair in frustration. He was completely lost and panicked, he couldn't even hear what Sehun was telling him. He then stormed out of the room, leaving the other staring behind him.

He stayed on his bed, unsure of what he was supposed to do. Should I follow him? Should I stay put? Should I just leave...?

Kai had obviously never come out to his parents, and that was definitely the worst way for it to happen.

The way she looked at me... The pure disgust in her eyes... Kai shuddered as he thought about it. He jogged down, stopping halfway through the stairs on hearing two voices downstairs.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm telling you, I saw them! He was... Kissing that boy!"

"Nonsense. Kai has a girlfriend."

"Well when was the last time we even saw her around here?"

"It's probably just a misunderstanding."

"I know what I saw! Why won't you believe me?!"

"You're not exactly the most trustworthy person I know."

"I-" She stuttered, clearly in a fit of rage, "Why would I lie about this? Since you don't trust me, ask your own son! Call him down here, right now! Along with that faggot."

"Enough!"

Kai found himself quaking on his father's commanding tone, fists clenching. How dare she... How dare she call him that!? The fear in him was slowly turning into rage as he gritted his teeth.

He only calmed down slightly when he felt a soft hand landing on his shoulder. He turned around to see Sehun behind him. Just from the look in his eyes, it was clear he heard. But he looked more concerned for Kai than anything.

"Look, I can take the fall for you. I'll tell them I kissed you, that I forced you into it. They'll never have to see me again anyway."

Kai knew how difficult this was for Sehun. But he was still willing to take the blame for him. Just the gesture alone made him soften instantly, placing his hand on top of Sehun's. He shook his head.

"You don't have to."

"This never should have happened. You're not ready. I'm here for you... Let me help. Please, let me do this."

Kai frowned, looking between Sehun's gentle expression and down the stairs where a storm was definitely brewing.

He pulled Sehun in and hugged him tightly, digging his face into his shoulder.

"I... I don't know what to say. Thank you."

"It's okay," Sehun comforted him, rubbing his back gently. When they heard footsteps coming towards the stairs, they quickly pulled away and nodded at each other.