Twenty One

"Damn... Feels like we're the only single bitches in this group now," Shownu grumbled, shoving some fries into his mouth.

"I guess so," Victoria sighed, watching Kai and Sehun chat it up as they stood in line to get some food. She certainly didn't feel any jealousy when she saw them anymore, nor was there a sting of leftover feelings. It just kinda sucked that Kai didn't spend much time with his friends anymore.

Kris and Kyungsoo were also no where in sight which probably meant they were off making out in the art room or something. Amber also didn't show up at school that day. Victoria found herself alone with Shownu and Lay more often than ever. Which was fine, really. They were nice guys.

She just kind of wished Amber was around more often but the girl seemed adamant on being as invisible as possible. It was frustrating, really. One day she would be chatting up a storm and seemed genuinely interested in Victoria, and other days she was completely unavailable, if not physically then mentally. She was always sending out all these mixed signals and Victoria wasn't sure how to behave around her anymore.

I wish she could just be clear with me. Then again, I haven't been clear with her, either.

"What's rattling around in that coconut of yours, Vic?" Lay asked.

"Just wondering if I should ask someone out to prom..." She mumbled.

"Really? Who's the lucky guy? I didn't realize you were over Kai already. No offense, you just seemed really hung up on him." Shownu perked up, "At some point I was starting to wonder if he wasn't spending as much time with us because he was avoiding you but... It's clear he has other interests now."

"Gee, thanks for rubbing it in my face, Shownu. But no, I am over him. And... it's not a guy," she said cautiously, gauging their reactions.

"What the hell... Why is everyone around me turning gay?! First Kris, then Kai, now you. Who's next, Lay? I mean not that anything's wrong with being gay... But still!" Shownu exclaimed.

"Correction, I'm bisexual. I've been crushing on a dude for a while now," Lay cleared his throat.

"What?! You too? Now I feel really out of place for not also wanting to touch another dude's dick. Oh how the world has changed."

"We're all a little gay on the inside, Shownu. You just don't know it yet," Lay said, gently patting him on the back. "But anyways, you should ask her, Vic. What's the worst that could happen?"

"Rejection. That shit crushes your soul, man."

"I bet you'd know all about that," Lay chuckled.

"I've never been rejected because I don't do the asking. The ladies flock to me all on their own."

"Is that why you've already scored Sera as your prom date?"

He frowned, "Well, not yet."

"Who would have thunk? Some ladies actually have class."

"Shut up! she'll come around eventually."

"How is she gonna come around if you never asked her out and all you do is creepy flirting?"

"I will charm her with my overflowing manliness and my dazzling six-pack!"

"I think she's made it pretty clear she's not interested," Lay stated boredly. "Or maybe she's a lesbian too. Who knows?"

Shownu frowned as if the wheels in his head were turning, trying to work the thinky thinky parts of his brain.

"Okay, Vic. Let's do this. Let's ask 'em to prom. And if we get rejected, at least we'll get rejected together!"