Eighteen

"So... It was the janitor all along?"

"Uh-huh."

"The janitor?"

"Yup."

"He wrote all those creepy love notes?"

"Yeah."

"And took all those pictures of you?"

"Yes!" Sehun huffed. Amber stopped in the middle of the hallway, staring at him in disbelief.

"Oh God, I shudder to think of what he's been doing with those pictures."

"Can we not think about it then." Sehun shook his head in disgust, urging her along. "But I confronted him and threatened to report him to the school office. That scared the shit out of him and he apologized and said he wouldn't do it again. Case closed. Forever."

"You really did that?" Amber quirked a brow.

"Yeah. Believe it or not, I can actually handle things on my own. Who would've thunk it!"

"Not me, certainly," she said, nodding slowly, "Wow. I gotta say I'm proud of you. I'm starting to see a fully-grown hairy pair of balls on you already."

"Bitch... I'll have you know I have very big balls," He retorted.

"Good, I was starting to worry there's nothing down there." She laughed as he smacked her arm playfully. "You've changed."

"Did I?"

"Ever since meeting Kai... You're not so chickenshit anymore. I'm not sure if I like that though."

"Cuz you got so used to me being dependent on you for everything, huh?"

"I guess so..."

"And you liked it. Toxic witch."

She chuckled, but didn't disagree. "I did. I am sorry though. About what I said the other day."

He looked at her blankly for a moment. "Huh?"

"Oh, you forgetful bitch. Whatever, forget I said anything."

"Too late, I already forgot," he shrugged. She couldn't help but smile though. He always was quick to forgive and forget. They stopped in front of the art room as Sehun pushed the door open. "So when are you going to talk to Victoria?"

Amber shrugged, "I did talk to her. We're cool. We just never brought up that incident."

"I guess that's fair enough."

"But she gives me these weird looks sometimes. I don't know... It's like there's something she really wants to tell me but just decides not to."

"Huh, I wonder why," he rolled his eyes.

"Hey what do you mean by that?"

Sehun didn't answer, instead turning his attention to a neatly wrapped gift box on his chair.

"What the..." He frowned, picking it up.

"What? Janitor still hasn't given up?" Amber quirked a brow.

He unwrapped the box and found a note on the inside, right on top of a Nike shoebox.

"I'm sorry. I was a dick.
Meet at gymnasium at lunch?"

"Not quite..." He said, trying to stop the smile from spreading across his lips. He opened the shoebox and his mouth fell agape.

"Damn, now those are some nice kicks."

"Yeah..." He breathed, pulling one shoe out and examining it. He never actually owned branded shoes, especially not Nike's, since he was always saving up all the money he made.