Two

"Nice painting."

Sehun jumped in his seat at the sudden deep voice by to his ear, accidentally drawing a red vertical line across his painting with his brush and letting out a small screech. He snapped his head around, ready to murder whoever had interrupted him, only to freeze on seeing a chuckling Kai beside him.

"Sorry about that," he said, noticing the intense look on the other's face. Sehun quickly shook his head, standing up.

"I-It's nothing I can't fix," he spoke, nervously looking around. Why did the Art Club room have to be empty today of all days?

"You okay there?" Kai asked, seeing how anxious the other boy looked.

"Yup, I'm fine. Hahaha..." he laughed awkwardly, before clearing his throat. Kai simply raised a brow before walking deeper into the room, eyeing the paintings on the walls.

"So... You told me to come here after school."

"Well technically the plant did..."

Kai chuckled, "Yes, of course, the plant. So, are you going to draw me now?"

"If you have the time..."

Kai shrugged, "I'm free."

"Right, uh..." Sehun quickly lifted a stool from the corner and placed it in the middle of the room, right in front of his canvas, "Sit here."

Kai did as instructed, sitting down as Sehun grabbed an empty canvas and replaced it with the one he was originally working on.

"So," Kai spoke, eyeing the other boy, "Why did you want me to be your model?"

Sehun blushed, "Artist instincts?"

Kai chuckled. "You can just say I'm handsome."

"Pfft... I'll have you know I draw a lot of ugly people. I even drew Amber."

"So you're saying I'm ugly?"

"No, I'm saying you're not not ugly."

Kai frowned in confusion, and Sehun quickly took the opportunity to change the topic from Kai's very handsome face.

"Why did you agree anyway?"

Kai shrugged, "I guess I liked the idea of being drawn. It sounds like fun."

"Oh," Sehun let out a little sigh as he sat down in front of his easel.

He then spent the next minute telling Kai to adjust his position so he could get the best angle. When he found that Kai's face position wasn't quite to his liking, he stood up and walked towards him, placing a hand below his chin to move his face. Kai simply stared at him blankly as he did so. He was so focused on the task at hand that he didn't even realize how close they were. Seeing his face so up close, Kai found himself thinking that Sehun was actually quite good-looking. It was just so easily overlooked with those glasses of his, his uniform so loose and his shirt always tucked in. He looked like such a typical nerd.

After moving his hair about a little, he finally stepped back, satisfied.

"Okay... please hold this position for the next hour or so."

"Wow, that sounds eventful," Kai laughed, "Should I smile or something?"

"No," Sehun said as he adjusted his glasses, looking up at Kai, "Just pretend you're alone and no one's looking at you."

Kai frowned a little before nodding. Sehun watched him adjust his expression, shaking his head.

"That won't do, it doesn't look natural."