Eight

"So she just left without saying anything?"

"Yeah pretty much," Kai sighed, staring at the way Sehun's paintbrush danced across his canvas. It was something he found himself enjoying, just watching Sehun paint. Even if they weren't talking, he wouldn't mind just sitting there and watching him for hours. The art club room was empty besides the two of them, since it was just second period and they both had a free class. "I tried calling her over and over but her cell phone was turned off. I didn't even see her at school today."

"Girls are so weird. You gotta be some sort of detective to figure out what the hell they're thinking. Actually, even then you can't. You see, this is why I'm gay," Sehun ranted. Kai chuckled.

"Victoria isn't like other girls. She's never been like this, and that's what bothers me the most. But I figured she just needs some time alone right now so I didn't try to go to her place."

"You know her better than me. Maybe she left because she didn't want to blow up on you, so I guess it'd be better if you gave her some space." Sehun shrugged. "I had a fight with Amber too."

"Huh? Why's that? I thought you guys were inseparable."

"Because she hates you and doesn't want me hanging around you anymore."

Kai cocked a brow, "You guys fought because of me?"

"Yeah. She asked me to choose between the two of you. Can you believe it? I told her to buzz off."

"Wait, why would she do that?" And does that mean you chose me over her? Kai wanted to ask, but kept it to himself. It probably wasn't appropriate. The thought of it made him kind of happy though, not to mention a little smug.

"I don't freakin' know. I thought she was just being jealous in the beginning and would warm up to you eventually but obviously that's not the case. That hoe," he huffed.

"Who's a hoe?"

The two looked up at the sudden third voice to find Amber standing there with her arms crossed and a cocked brow.

"You, of course."

"You know art boy, I was going to apologize to you but now I'm having second thoughts."

"Take your apology and shove it up your bosom-hole."

"I don't have a hole in my bosom, you illeterate fuck."

"Wait, wait, time out," Kai stood in between them, trying his best not to laugh at their argument. It was hard to take them seriously.

"Zip it, this is between me and Sehun," Amber glared at Kai.

"Amber," Kai sighed, turning to her, "What did I ever do to you for you to hate me so much?"

"Uh, I don't know, exist?"

Kai rolled his eyes, "Sehun is old enough to make his own decisions. You don't have to babysit him."

She laughed humorlessly, "You don't even know what you're talking about. Sehun is like a five-year-old. He's naive enough to walk into the back of some old pervert's van thinking he's gonna get ice cream."

"You think I'm an old pervert?"

"My point is," she pressed, "I don't trust you. How do I know you're not gonna hurt him?"

"You don't need to," Sehun spoke up, before looking at Kai, "Because I do. And if I'm your best friend you should trust my judgement."

Amber sighed in frustration, closing her eyes, "Kai, give us a moment."

He looked between the two of them hesitantly before nodding slowly, "Alright. But try not to kill each other."

"Sure, whatever," Amber grumbled, watching the guy leave before turning to her best friend.