Chapter IX - Communion Of The Cursed

Grannum's POV
Halloween...
So where's your savior tonight
As angels fall from the sky
His idle hands let me inside
WHERE I CANNOT BE CRUCIFIED!

Halloween night. The night where the freaks come out to play. Technically, for the prince of The Underworld, The Tribe and I host a small party after we trick or treat.

The Tribe's costumes:
Resin- Jeff the killer
Malina - Jane the Killer
Hayley - The White Witch (Chronicles of Narnia)
Argent- Eyeless Jack
Aurora - Sally
Rayne - Jack Skellington
Ella- May from Pokemon
Ella's bf (a/n technically, y'all will get an intro in this chapter) - Ash Ketchum
Margo- Lady Frankenstein
Ally- Bloody Mary
Djinn - Genie from Aladdin
Wolf- Edward Scissorhands
Mira (Wolf's gf Mira from book 2)- Poison Ivy
Grannum -Ben Drowned
Rielle- Clockwork

So technically, we're a handful when we trick or treat. "Hey guys." Ella waved at us.
"Sup Ella, who's this?" Argent asked.
"Guys, this is my boyfriend, Seth."
"Welcome to The Tribe, Seth."
"An honor, Your Heartlessness."
"No need for titles, call me Grannum, dude."
"Hey, I heard the Underworldian Aquarium closing late, so why don't we head there?"Hayley asked.
"That's a really great idea, Hailstorm." Argent playfully said.
"You little tease." she playfully punches him.
At the aquarium...
Rielle's POV
Our hands interlocked as we walked through the Aquarium. Most of the decorations scared me but I had Grannum next to me. We walked by the squid, but technically, it wasn't a squid, it was The Kraken.
"What's that?"
"The Kraken. Hades actually captured it and locked it up here. Legend has it that it can sink ships down to trenching darkness."
"Grannum, you're scaring me." I gripped his hands tightly.
"Boo." I shuddered as his voice went cold, cynical.
"Don't do that, please." He actually scared me.
"Sorry,  Clockwork."
I stretched up on my toes and kissed him. He kissed back and his hair covering our faces as our lips danced with each other. He pulled away. "Damn, even with wolf teeth, you kiss pretty good for Ben Drowned."
"You too, Clockwork."
"Oh, Grannum, stop it."
"Its closing. We should go."
"Yeah."
We walked to the exit and everyone was waiting.
"Where have you two been, lovebirds?" Mira asked.
"We had a moment."
"Awe. Really?"
"Guys, seriously?" Grannum sarcastically asked.
"Oh come on Grannum, you know we're just messing with you." Hayley said.
"Blah, blah, blah, let's just head back to dorm."
"PARTY TIME!"

At the dorm...
Hell in the Hallways by Ice Nine Kills was blasting and we were having an awesome time. Grannum and I just sat down and sipped on alcoholic cider. The taste burns in your throat, boils in your stomach and tastes almost as pure as melted gold.
The night started to get perfect when Flatline by Oh, The Irony started to play. Grannum took my hand and we hit the floor. He twirled me around to the sound of the chorus:
You'll never,
you'll never know who I really am
But that never mattered
Because you're just a fake in the end
And I'm better than this
You'll never
you'll never know who I really am
But that never mattered
Because you're just a fake in the end
And I'm better than this
He twirled and dipped me once then he spun me around and kissed me.
"Aww." Everyone said.
"Seriously, we were having a  moment here." Grannum sarcastically said.
"Who's ready for an intense game of 'I Never'?" Argent playfully asked with a twisted smile on his face.
So we sat in a circle. Alcoholic cider in the middle. So let the flames begin. (Quiz: guess the song.)
A LOT of truths later...
Grannum's POV
We may have overdone it with I Never. We were on the floor in different positions, acting like we were high on amphetamines. "OK, I think we overdid it." I drunkenly said.
"You think?" Rielle asked.
"Just a bit." As soon as I got up, I faceplanted the floor.
The next morning...
We woke up, our eyes black like raccoons. What happened last night?
"They think I'm insane
They think my lover is strange
But I don't have to fucking tell them anything."
That sounds like Red.  She's probably in the kitchen. I snuck up and hugged her from behind.
"Good morning, sleepyhead." She turned around and kissed me. Technically, I was shirtless. "Singing some Halsey, I hear."
"Never knew you were a fan."
"Heck yeah, I am."
"What's your favorite?"
"New Americana."
"Eggs on fire."
"Lemme help."
We made kitchen "magic" happen, technically, we cooked for everyone.
"Wanna wake 'em up?" I had my guitar hooked to ear destructive speakers.
"Hell yeah."
"Cover your ears."
1 guitar riff which led to the speakers bursting like in Back To The Future later...
"Ow." Argent and the others exclaimed in pain.
"What the hell, dude?" Resin asked, in pain.
"Test successful. Ow." I phased into wolf form and telepathically told the guys.
"Dude, you went through the wall." Malina said, pointing to my figure at the wall.
I phased back. "I didn't know how strong it was so that's why I tested it."
"And that's why you went through the wall." Hayley said.
"Can we stop talk about the wall, please? Jeez. Besides its the weekend and all in favor of gaming weekend?"
"Can't dude. After all, it is All Saint's Day." Argent said.
"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that hunt I'm going whole of today." I just remembered.
"That's why Wolf and Mira left early this morning." Resin said.
"Well be careful. Murder some deers for me." Rielle said.
"Always sweetie." I crashed my lips into hers and got ready.
Rielle's POV
As soon as he left, I miss him already.
As soon as everyone left because everyone was busy, it was me all alone. So I went to the game room and just played some  Horizon Zero Dawn.
3 hours later...
I heard a glass break.
I crept into an unseeable corner where my intruder couldn't see me. Luckily, Grannum's pole was there so I firmly grasped it. I slowly walked out and felt a palm with a napkin drenched with some substance over my mouth. The effect of the substance took effect and I blacked out.
I woke up held in someone's arms, like I was being carried. "If Grannum was a wolf, wouldn't his hearing be enhanced, including to whispers? Better give it a try."
Grannum's POV
Something's wrong. I phased into wolf form and ran out of the hunting area.
I ran back to the dorm. Someone was here. Red's been taken. I ran back downstairs only to find a car hurriedly scurrying. I ran to find a shorter way and luckily I did.
Rain's POV
That was just too easy. She's finally back and this time, he's not gonna get her back.
Unless he's already running in my direction on four legs. A strong force struck me hard and I swerved out of control. I hobbled out of the car in pain, I walked to where I was struck. It clearly was something strong. I turned around and saw a red and black wolf. Grannum. "Smart thinking, Your Heartlessness. But if you're gonna get her, you're gonna have to go through-" He carelessly lunged into my chest, knocking the wind outta me.
Grannum's POV
She's asleep. Thank God and Hades. I hoisted her on my back and ran back to the dorm. I phased back and got her in bed. I put my arms around her and made her feel safe.
The next afternoon...
Rielle's POV
I woke up in a daze. I felt strong arms around me. Arms I know all too well. He saved my life. I turned around and saw that he was asleep. His hair was still the same from Halloween. His eyes, bloodshot. I huddled closer into his chest and ruffled his hair.
"Very funny." I was scared as I heard his sleepy voice.
"Hi."
"You OK?" His eyes, bloody.
"Yeah. Just tired. What happened?"
"Rain nearly kidnapped you."
I got up and instantly got a headache. "Never leave me alone, again."
"I won't, princess."