Chapter XX - Bloodlust

Warning: the following chapter contains blood, self harm and anorexic tendencies. Viewer discretion is advised.

I picked up the same rock and crouched next to a wounded Regime. "Rielle, save him." He whispered, still in pain. I threw the rock at Rain. Bad idea. He started running in my direction when other wolves stood in my way. "Rielle, it's us." The gray wolf with gray eyes said. Resin.
Wolf went to assist Grannum in a battle for who gets the girl.
Grannum's POV
"Had enough?" I growled deeply as we circled each other.
"No turning back. One shall stand, one shall fall. And that one will be me!"
He lunged as another wolf charged into him. A wolf of fire. Wolf. "About time, bro." I telepathically said.
"We got this. For Rielle."
"For Rielle." We charged as we tried to take out Rain. Rain went for Wolf first as I came from behind and bit into his back.
"This is not what I had planned." I charged into Rain as I was about to bite his neck. He flipped me over and Wolf tried to charge in. Wolf ended up making a tree fall and Wolf was out cold.
"No." Rielle said from a distance. My mate was in danger. And so were the others, they were cornered. I countered Rain's attack and retreated to save her.
"Rielle. Run."
"No, I won't leave you!" She protested.
"Listen. I love you. And if I don't make it, don't forget me." I telepathically said.
"Grannum-"
"Go, now!" She ran and so did Rain. I charged into him and missed. I was flying into a tree. I hit my head really hard and was stunned.
Rielle's POV
So, this is where we began and where we'll end. I've never felt so dead in my entire life.
I ran as far as I can to the top of Heavenly Falls. Not knowing, he was right behind me. As he circled around my body, I was 100% sure I was going to die, well 101%, just to be sure. "Well, well, well. You're trapped. And your pup isn't here to save you." He's playing with my mind. "What did you do to him?"
"I took him out of the equation, did you actually think he'd want you, when you have someone like me?" 
"But you're nothing like him. You're a monster with your eyes set to kill me."
"Silly little girl. You know nothing of a monster like me."
He was preparing to strike into my freezing cold skin. I tried to retreat but I fell on a log.
"Shit." As I fell on the ground and twisted my ankle, he lunged toward my neck. "This is gonna hurt a bit, well a lot. Time to die, Rielle Rosanne Ruby." He growled deeply in his wolf form. I shut my eyes to block out the nightmare, but this is a nightmare I can't wake up from. Until I heard a bark from a wolf that never gives in. Grannum. "Get off of her."
"Oh really? Make me." As they started back to fight on the cliff, I tried to limp and run at the same time. Until Grannum took another blow again. He circled me again, this time, poised to kill me. As he lunged, his teeth were at my neck. He nibbled on my neck until a sharp pain was felt around my body. I knew I was dying.
King Hades' POV
I shifted into my wolf form as I charged into Rain, making him pummel over the waterfall. "Never come near me or my family again." I shifted back into my other form and held Rielle close. "Rielle, sweetie, are you alright?" I noticed the blood and Rain bit her viciously.
Grannum's POV
I got back up and shifted back into my other form. "Grannum, she's dying! Come quick!" Hades?
I got to where my mate was and I looked into her slowly closing eyes. "Is there anything I could do?"
"The only way to save her, is to bite her."
"But I don't know-"
"It's the only way."
I felt a hand touch my cheek. "G-Grannum?" She stuttered.
"Yes princess, I'm here."
"D-do i-it. Save me."
"I'm panicking right now. I don't know what to do."
"B-Bite me. I l-love y-you."
"I love you too." I kissed her one last time as her eyes are about to close. I sank my teeth into her neck and I bit as hard as I could. Her body twitched as I bit. "Goodnight, my princess." I whispered softly into her ear. She's gone. The tears started to fall as I cried into her frail body.
The infirmary, 1700 hrs...
"FUCKING SAVE HER!"
"Grannum, get a grip. She'll be OK." Ally tried to calm me down.
"SHE'LL BE OK?! HER HEART STOPPED BEATING, DO YOU THINK SHE'LL BE OK?!"
"Of course."
I paced the floor, hoping she'll be OK.
Flashback, The last time she was in the hospital...
I paced the hospital floors, waiting. Hoping. Praying that she is ok. I played One In The Chamber by Famous Last Words and sang the lyrics to try to ease my pain.I felt tears out of my eyes, knowing for what I've done, made the girl I love fight for her life. Again,only this time, her life's hanging by a thread. The doctor said to me that she's lost a lot of blood and is in a coma. I walked in to the room and saw my fragile angel, broken beyond repair. Hayley and Malina hugged me to ease my pain as the tears were crying fast and furious. I played The End of the Beginning by Famous Last Words and crying the lyrics. I walked up to her bed and cried at her broken body. "Everything will be Ok. I promise you with all my heart and broken soul. You are my Darling, Dearest, Dead. I love you, Rielle."
Flashback over...
Now, I don't even know if she lived. I'm so scared right now. The doctor came out with latex gloves full of blood. Rielle's blood. "I have news. Both to be exact."
"OK, doctor."
"The good news is she survived, she's in a coma and we're still running tests on her."
"The bad news?"
"Prince Grannum,I am so sorry. Rielle had a miscarriage carrying your baby."
"She was pregnant?" Hades asked.
"Yes. Since Rain kidnapped her, the baby wasn't getting enough nutrients to grow and it died in her stomach. I'm so sorry, Your Heartlessness."
"You did your best."
"What were you gonna name her?"
"It was a girl?"
"Yes."
"Melody."
"I'm sorry for your loss."
"Grannum, I'm so sorry." Everyone hugged me because Hayley went through the same pain.
"Well you can see her. But one at a time."
"OK." I walked into her room and there she was. My princess. Hooked up to machines and tubes. "Hey. Just so you know, I love you. And I need you." I haven't eaten in 2 days and I think I'm gonna get worse. "I can't believe we had a child. Our baby. Sad that our little Melody is gone. Listen, I don't know how you will look after your bite, but I know you'll be our little girl. Rielle, from since the day I saw you crying in the lockers, I knew you were mine. A-and now, here we are. Again. I miss you. The kingdom needs you. I need you. Just please wake up. Stay alive for me." Tears started to well up in my eyes as I saw her like this. My old scars reopened as I cried at her bedside. I walked back to the couch next to her and laid there.
"She'll wake up, Grannum. Just wait." Ally assured.