Chapter XII - Even A Ghost Has A Sanctuary

"What happened?" I started to look worried. Margo's the only one that's quiet these days and we didn't see her last night.
"She's been raped. And there's another note."
My fists clenched. Rain. He hit our weakest nerve. "Grannum." Red looked concerned about me.
"Where is she now?"
"Prison infirmary. Ally said she's in a really bad state. She's in a coma right now."
I felt the urge to phase. I just let it slide. "Let's go see her."
At the infirmary...
"Well for a small girl, she's a fighter. She'll be fine. We bandaged her scars and bruises but she'll be OK." Ally said.
"I hope. Anyway, the note?"
I opened the note and this time, it's worse than before.
Tribe,
         Enough games. What happened to Margo will happen to the others unless you give Red  back. Prince Grannum, if your reading this part, look alive. She wasn't yours to begin with. You think that you can protect her from me? Think again. You're DEAD. WRONG. I know every secret about her and you don't know shit. You think that you and her were made to love? Guess again. You're not. So do what's best and GIVE. HER. BACK. Save yourself the pain of protecting her when you know you can't. You don't deserve her and you never will. Now play nice or expect a war. Your choice.
Signed,
Rielle's worst nightmare.
P.S. I'd check the dorm if I were you.
I started to feel the temper flare inside me like a fiery inferno. I felt the need to phase. "Grannum. Please. Don't." Rielle begged me not to.
"This is a force that not even God can stop." I phased into my wolf form and just ran to rip his throat out. "Grannum!" I ran so fast that Red couldn't hear me.
Rielle's POV
"We have to stop him."
"Even if we tried, there's no way we can stop his killer instinct." Ally said.
"He did the same thing on my dad. He nearly killed him. Now we have to stop him before he kills everyone he sees."
"What happened, what I miss?" Wolf and Djinn asked.
"Rain ticked Grannum off. Grannum went wolf to kill him."
"Get me a sniper rifle. And a tranquilizer dart." Wolf said.
"Grannum's already at the dorm." Ally said.
"Damn, we gotta move. Fast." Wolf quickly said.
Grannum's POV
I've never felt so alive. As Wulfric and Regime were KO'd, I left Rain for last. I phased back and slammed him against the wall. "WHO'S GONNA SAVE YOU NOW?" I lifted Rain as I growled.
"Wow. You are as strong as you are."
"Yeah. And lethal, too. Listen, you psychotic little fuck, stay away from her, or I will have your skin mounted on my wall." It was only a matter of time until I felt a tranquilizer dart in my neck. Again. I passed out and ended up in the palace. "What the hell?"
"Finally, you're awake." Ally said.
"What happened?"
"Well, you went drone and you nearly killed Rain for threatening you. Campus PD is looking into the matter in your room, and Rielle is worried about you."
"Where is she?"
"Your room." I got up and slowly walked upstairs as I was still drowsy from the dart. I heard the sound of Drella by Pierce The Veil. "It's a classic." I said as I stood by the doorstep.
"You're okay."
"More or less alive. I'm sorry you had to see that, I couldn't-" she put her pointer on my lips.
"It's OK. I understand. I was freaked out."
"My eyes literally rolled back when I phased."
"You protected me."
Just pull the trigger, I swear I'll never tell
I'm too sick for Heaven, far too sweet to go to Hell
These broken pieces just don't fit together well
I'm twisted, I'm wicked, cursed by a double-sided spell

But don't you dare say that it's
Too bad you're too two-faced to ever pick a side
And it's too bad you're too two-faced to make up your fucking mind
We'll split you down the middle, this will only hurt a bit
It's too hard being two-faced, isn't it?

I'm seeing double, please God let me go blind
I'm scared of nothing, it's from me, my demon side
Don't question me, my thoughts will leave you terrified
I'm psychotic, neurotic, and if I said I'm not, I lied

But don't you dare say that it's
Too bad you're too two-faced to ever pick a side
And it's too bad you're too two-faced to make up your fucking mind
We'll split you down the middle, this will only hurt a bit
It's too hard being two-faced, isn't it?

I'm wrong, I'm right
I'm dark, I'm light
Just wait, you'll see
I'm two-faced, two-faced as two-faced can be
Watch your back

But don't you dare say that it's
Too bad you're too two-faced to ever pick a side
And it's too bad you're too two-faced to make up your fucking mind
We'll split you down the middle, this will only hurt a bit
It's too hard being two-faced, isn't it?
Too hard (x2)
It's too hard being two-faced, isn't it?
Too hard (x2)
It's too fun being two-faced, isn't it?(A/N Two-faced - Shannon Taylor, that's right, Shannon from MDE wrote that.)

"That's a nice song. You wrote it?"
"No. Remember Shannon from MDE?"
"Hell yeah, they were the greatest."
"She wrote that."
"Oh. My. Hades." She was surprised.
"Let's go look at the danger zone, shall we?" I held out my hand and we walked back to the dorm.
We got back to the dorm and it was a mess. We just helped the campus PD clean and get everything back in order. Technically it was Seth's shift so Red just hung out with Ella and Seth. Until an unexpected visitor came to the dorm.
She had blonde hair with a purple streak, she wore a Memphis May Fire tee, black skinnies, and combat boots. It's when I looked up and saw her face, I couldn't believe my eyes.
"Carmelita, is that you?"
"Hi Grannum. It's been ages."
"What happened?"
"Well, I came to apologize."
"Get in."
Everyone was stunned about Carmelita. She's been a thorn in our backside since high school. All the shit she's done. And she has the heart to walk up here to apologize?
"What's she doing here?" Rielle asked. She looked cross.
"She came to apologize."
"After all the shit she's done? The sorrow she put all of us in?"
"Rielle. I know you hate my guts now. I understand. All the stuff I said? I take it back. I never meant to cause all of you harm. I guess popularity went to my head when I realized I was hurting all of you. I never meant to lock you inside of your locker last year, I wasn't thinking straight. Argent. I'm sorry about gluing your hands into your hair. Even though it was funny. But Grannum. I am so very sorry. More than words can say. I should go."
"Wait. Apology accepted. And I can't believe I'm saying this but, welcome to The Tribe." I felt heartless. But she said it from the heart.
"Apology accepted. And you're welcome to stay with us." Rielle said, softly.
"Carm, it's no sweat. Apology accepted." Resin said.
"You glued my hair? Fuck this shit, apology accepted." Argent said, holding his hair.
After a lot of apologies, we talked about our dilemma.
"So what are you gonna do about Rain, Grannum?"
"I'm gonna knock his teeth so far down his throat, that he has to open his ass to brush it."
"All this from a prince?"
"Hell yeah."