Chapter XIV - Infinity On High

1 Underworldian month later...
Rielle's POV
I say tonight we go out
Get our mind in the clouds
And all our spineless friends are coming out to scream and shout
I'm tearing out the seams
My skin can't handle me
She's got a way of saying
She's only telling me

Your skeleton forgot to bring it's backbone
Next time, pack it in your body bag
Your skeleton forgot to bring it's backbone
Your broken ribs, they're cracking me up
I listened to Skeleton by Ghost Town while I was on top of a sleepy, sexy, warlock of a prince. He's so cute when he's asleep. I  kissed his forehead while he silently snores. Until he rolled over and nearly crushed me.
"Sorry."
"It's a wolf thing?"
"Hell no. I'm just naturally strong." I clasped my hands with his as we just lied down.
"Grannum?"
"Mm?"
"I'm scared."
"Scared of what?"
"I had a nightmare about what happened, when Rain nearly had me."
"Look at me." He cupped my face as tears started to fall,"I will not let him take you. You've been through so much and I want to keep you safe. Rielle, I love you so much to lose you. "
He kissed me softly as I cried. I kissed him back, just to mean thank you.
"Thank you." I whispered and then my stomach growled.
"Breakfast time for the human?"
I nodded. I took a piggyback ride from him. "TO THE BATCAVE!" I giggled like a little girl when he said that. He set me on the island and I just watched him cook. He's so focused when he does it. I kissed his cheek and he popped a strawberry in my mouth. "Mm. For me?"
"You're my princess. Of course." He made everyone pancakes and eggs while mine had strawberries. I sat on the island while he was standing between me. I played with his hair until he kissed me. We stayed that way until he was on top of me. He gently nibbled on my neck while I moaned lightly, "Grannum, not now."
"What's wrong?"
"Um, we're in the kitchen and secondly, I'm still kinda shaken, so-"
"No need. The fair's in town and I wanna take you there."
"When?"
"2 days from now. We just have to get school out of the way. Besides, I told all our lecturers about what's happening."
"And what did they say?"
"Technically, they emailed all the work we missed. So we're set for finals."
"Awesome. So what's the plan?"
"They gave me a catch. We have to show up for class tomorrow or they're not gonna pass all of us."
"Well, class starts in a few so let's earn our share."
We all got ready. I wore a black v-neck with a skeletal hand showing the middle finger, black skinnies and black Converse, Grannum wore an Asking Alexandria tee, black skinnies and red Converse. Grannum still insisted that his shift thing is still in gear. So I had Seth and Argent in this shift. We got to class and we just typed like crazy.
"I'm glad you came, I was just starting to mark you absent." Professor Vanderscythe said.
"I had to rush everybody out the dorm this morning."
"Now, Hades told me the whole story so far. Rielle, be safe."
"Thank you, Professor Vanderscythe."
"He hasn't shown up for 7 of my lectures and I'm worried how he'll pass The Allegory."
"The Allegory?" I inquisitively asked.
"It's the final exam. The aim is to lead your pack to a recon area safe and sound, using everything you've learned in the academy."
"It also determines which pack and station you'll be assigned to."
"One small note, The Allegory is tested on the most rough terrains each year."
"So what's this year's terrain?"
"It's a surprise. Especially for Grannum."
"Grannum. Another note." Argent noted.
Look up.
We all looked at the wall and it said, "GIVE. ME. RED."
"Oh boy. This doesn't look good."
"Is he really that hellbent on getting me back?"
"Yup. And he's taking it a little too far."