Chapter XVII - Memories Of A Broken Heart

I dropped down as tears were falling. "I'm here. And I'm sorry." Red?
"Where were you?"
"I stumbled into my old apartment. I went back to the dorm and saw the note. Don't do that again, please."
"I'm sorry for all I've said. I didn't mean it."
"And I didn't mean what I said either. I'm so sorry."
"It's OK, my princess."
Rielle's POV
I had to walk him back to the dorm. "He's OK. Thank Hades. Where was he?" Hayley asked.
"He was about to jump off a building because he couldn't find me."
"He's tired. You guys need sleep."
We walked to the room and he wrapped his arms around me. "Grannum?"
"Mm?"
"I love you. And I don't know what I'll do without you."
"I love you the same way. Get some sleep. We need it."
We got some sleep as my eyes drooped on me.
The next morning...
"Morning."
"Morning, my prince."
"About yesterday-"
"Let's just put it behind us. What happened already happened."
"I'm sorry that I told you that you didn't care."
"And I'm sorry that I told you that it's all about you."
We hugged and went to the kitchen.
As I stare into these ruins made by man
I dreamed the lies, I realised it's the end
More and more I wonder what we could've done
But instead we wage a war that can't be won

I stand on the edge of all I've ever loved
Memories of a broken heart
Now I'm alone in the dark
I know there's a way and when our hope is gone
Find your light and hide the dark
Now there's a way to do this, am I wrong (whoa)
We were listening to Memories Of A Broken Heart by Crown The Empire when he made me waffles. "Thank you."
"Anything for my princess. I want you to promise me something."
"What?"
"If I stop cut, so shall you."
"I promise. No turning back."
"No turning back. Now I have a surprise for you seeing how it's a special day."
"What is the special day?"
"You'll see."
He disappeared back into the room.
Grannum's POV
It's time.
I walked back into the kitchen and gave her her gift with a note.
"I-it's. I'm lost for words right now. This is beautiful."
"Happy birthday."
"Thank you. Just thank you." I connected my lips to hers as she stayed that way. I wore mines. "Now, you need a whole day to yourself. Technically, we'll be close to dorm while I go class. I'll just tell the professors that you're sick."
"Aww, thank you." She kissed my cheek.
"Be safe. I love you."
"I will. Love you too."
I walked downstairs to meet Resin and Argent and the others.
Rain's POV
She's alone. Now to put my plan into action. Time to steal back what is mine.
I knew today's her birthday and I've been waiting this whole time for this day to come.
I need to let go
You're all living for nothing
It's time to be myself and not a clone

Everyday it's the same thing
Wake up, fall in line
And let the devils
Bury your mind
It's a sick world
You're just a pawn
I'll never be like you
Fuck your destiny

I don't really know
What you want from me
I won't degrade myself and bleed
Another day, another lie
Another reason to die
Another day, another lie
You'll worship anything

I've lost more friends to the world
Than I care to admit
The thought of biting my tongue
Leaves me choking on it
Don't say you know what it feels like
Another day hiding from real life
Fragile Bones by My Enemies & I was playing as I planned my plan. I just have to wait until our Trojan horse makes his move. (A/N: who do you think is the Trojan horse?)
Grannum's POV
I picked up Rielle from the dorm to drive her to the palace.
"What do you think Hades and Persephone have planned for me?" She playfully asked as she wore the football shirt I gave her.
"Something special." We pulled up at the palace when the doorman saw us. "Welcome back, Prince Grannum."
"Hey, William." I fist bumped my doorman. Coolest guy ever. We walked into the family room and that's when IT happened.
"SURPRISE!!" I planned this 3 hours ago.
Rielle's POV
Now this is a surprise.
"Happy birthday, Rielle." Grannum's parents said.
"Aw, thank you, Hades. Persephone, thank you too."
"You're family to us, of course. You're being loved." That made my day.
2 hours later, back at the dorm...
"So guys, what was your first impressions of me?"
"Well, you were scared, you never used to trust us. You were a lone wolf. It's only when you met Grannum, you started hanging with us more." Resin said.
"My first impression? You were kinda cute. Mysterious, but cute." Argent said and gave me a hug.
"I wanted to just give you a big hug when I first saw you." Hayley said.
"My first impression was when you gave me a fist bump." Malina said. Classic Malina.
"I thought you were this freak but when I got to know you, you were the greatest friend I ever had." Ella and Carmelita said.
"When I first saw you, I wanted to kiss you from when I found you crying that day. I chickened out so many times when I tried to ask you. When you were in the hospital the first time, I cried and prayed, hoping you'd get up. And look now, one year later. We may have our little fights, but you are the greatest girlfriend in The Underworld. I love you, Rielle Rosanne Ruby."  I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. That made my night. Until someone destroyed it. "Wow. Nice. Kinda touching, don't you think?" Oh my Hades.
"What the hell is wrong with you, dude? Get over me already."
"Askari. Nice timing." That fucker roped in Djinn on this.
"Rielle, I am so sorry. Grannum, I hope you forgive me." I knew I'd forgive Djinn anytime. He really regretted it.
"I hope you won't. He betrayed you, Grannum. Karma's a bitch." Rain viciously said.
"Well, bad luck, you're not getting her." Grannum put his shoulder around me.
Grannum's POV
He's not getting her.
"OK. Tell me why you want her so badly, Rain."
"Gladly. Now she may have told you her side of the story, but you never heard mine. I didn't want to but I had to. And I took her virginity first before anybody could have her. She's marked by me. When she broke up with me, I let nature take its course. And when the raid happened, I fled the scene."
"Nice side, I don't believe it."
"Ah, the cunning of a rat, yet you still can't see beyond the cheese. I am leaving with her, Grannum. And you can't stop me."
"The hell you will." And that was when he pulled out a gun.
"Grannum, it's OK. Rain, do you want me?"
"With all my heart, sweetie."
"Then take me." Those words made me shit bricks.
"Red, think it through. Do you want this?"
"It's the only way none of you will get hurt. I'm sorry, guys."
"Then it's the only way." She just ran into my arms and kissed me one last time.
"Good. I'm sorry I have to do this." 3 shots rang out. I felt my shoulder and saw blood. I saw my girl. Crying. "If anyone follows us, she's good as dead." I blacked out as I saw her leaving.
Rielle's POV
"Why?"
"Babe, I'm so sorry." He kissed my forehead as we went downstairs. I was taken to a black van and he sat next to me. "It'll be OK. Look, I'm sorry I did that. I did whatever it takes to get you."
"But try to kill Grannum? W-Why?" I still had tears in my eyes.
"I envied him. He was a better boyfriend than me. He made you happy, and I actually hated him from getting what I wanted." We were driving through a bumpy terrain.
All I could do was just rest my head on his shoulder. But inside, I wanted to kill him.
We arrived at our destination where I saw Djinn and three other figures. "Rielle, I'm so very sorry."
"Djinn, it's OK."
"Well, how bout I take a look at this sweet thing over here." The other guy walked up to me and he smelled like beer. "Can't wait to have fun with you." He gripped my wrist tightly as all my cuts started back to open.
"What's your name, baby?"
"I am not your baby." I just felt a stinging sensation on my cheek.
"Hey. Get off of her." Regime got angry.
"Sorry, man. Just wanted to know the little cutie."
"Oh really? Regime phased and ripped his skull off. Thank fuck.
"Red, you'll be OK."
"Thank you, Regime."
"It's gonna be okay, Rielle." Djinn held my hand tightly.
"OK, listen up. No one touches her but me. She's mine. The others you can, but not her." Rain spoke very sternly.
"O-Others?"
"Long story."
We walked into a cottage and it was horrifying. Then all I felt was a needle and I blacked out.
Back at the dorm...
Grannum's POV
"How can I just let her go like this?!" I. Was. Unhinged. My little girl is about to die from this monster.
"She didn't want us to get hurt, Grannum. You did all you could." Resin said.
"All I could? ALL I COULD?! SHE'S GONE, RESIN! GONE."
"It'll be OK. We'll find her. And possibly kill Rain."
"I heard what happened. Grannum, your call." Hades said.
"Djinn said something about a cottage in North Gate Forest."
"Bad idea. The forest is 5.1 square kilometres of green, not to mention Heavenly Falls."
"It's worth a shot. But I doubt we can get her trail."
"Let's start at dawn tomorrow."
"Perfect." Wolf said. I walked over to Hayley, who was worried about Red, and mostly me.
"Grannum, I'm worried. What if he did it to her again?" I saw tears starting to fall.
"Hayley, don't worry. We'll find her." I pressed my lips on hers and she kissed back, knowing she wanted to do that since day one of when we broke up.
How Grayley broke up...
"Hey, former bf."
"Hey Cruella, what's up?"
"Wanted to check on my Granny-bear."
"Well he's taken so, what's the real deal you're here?"
"I miss you. Come back to me."
"Well things are kinda-" and that's when the unthinkable happened. I got yanked by my girl, Hayley "Snow White" Snow.
"Why were you talking to her?!"
"She wanted to check on me."
"She was checking you out." I felt that kicking feeling in my nuts as I fell to my knees in deep pain.
2 weeks later...
"Hayley?"
"Yes, Grannum?"
"Look, about what happened, I'm sorry." I handed her flowers, for the last time.
"It's OK. Look, I overreacted and I'm sorry I kicked you in the nuts."
"Which is why we should see other people. I think I'm a bad influence to you.
"Grannum?"
"Goodbye." I kissed her one last time, before I walked away.
Flashback OVER...
I pulled away as she smiled softly. "I've always wanted to do that since I talked to you in the hall." She whispered.
"And now you get your chance. A goodbye kiss, remastered. Now, let's get some sleep." I kissed her forehead.
Rielle's POV
Another wave of pain. "Please, stop." I whimpered as he went harder and faster. He's a monster. His lips on my neck, so rough. The way he was in me. It's a nightmare I can't wake up from.
"Another round?"
"N-No. I-I just need some sleep." I whimpered and shivered in fear.
"Don't be afraid. Just let me love you."
"Try."
"I will." He smelled like weed and beer. I tried to sleep as he put his arms roughly around my waist, where it hurts the most.