TWELVE // Piper

A/N: I KEEP FORGETTING TO POST THIS GODDAMN CHAPTER HERE HAVE IT

HOW SHE MESSES WITH HIM

When I see Micah the next day (it's Wednesday already, good lord), it's during lunch. I'm guessing he's trying to avoid me by sitting back at the other table with Tyler, but he's doing a terrible job if he thinks I can't see him glancing back at me every few minutes.

            "Is it just me, or is Micah constantly looking over here?" Luke grumbles out, before focusing back on his game – Dancing Line. He's been obsessed with it for a couple weeks now, and fails to realize how stressed it makes him.

            "Nah, he is," I reply nonchalantly, shrugging, but I don't look at Micah. I keep my eyes trained on my bottle of sweet tea.

            Taylor stares at me weirdly. "You haven't talked t'him yet?"

            I nearly laugh aloud. "Nope," I pop the 'p', turning to look at my best friend. "He's decided to avoid me."

            Tay's eyebrows raise, but she doesn't say anything. Luke cusses, clicking his phone off and shoving it away from him.

            "I lost – again," He mutters dramatically, laying his head on the table. I try not to think about how dirty this lunch table probably is.

            "Oh, you poor thing," Taylor deadpans, rolling her eyes.

            I raise my eyebrow at her, a silent are y'all still arguing? But she shakes her head, not wanting to talk about. I can't say that I blame her. Apparently Luke voiced his hatred for Tyler to Taylor last week, and they've been arguing like this ever since. Luke won't sit somewhere else, and I swear it's because he has the biggest crush on Taylor I've ever seen. But he's too busy with Faith – or whoever his flavor of the week is now. And Taylor has decided to stick with Tyler. Surprisingly, the two haven't been on a date yet, but Tyler's kind of shy when it comes to asking out girls, so it isn't that surprising.

            Taylor nudges my shoulder, to which I look at her and hum in question.

            "So are you gonna talk to him?"

            I purse my lips in thought before shrugging. "Probably. I'll try to get him after lunch, or in Spanish."

            As if on cue, the bell for the end of lunch rings a second later. I see Micah slowly beginning to stand. I tear my eyes away from him as I go to throw my trash away. When I turn back around, I see him walking toward the hallway for his class.

            I nearly roll my eyes, shoving away the nervous feeling in my stomach as I speed up my pace to catch up with him.

            My legs ache after doing so, but it's fine because the look on his face is priceless when I tap his shoulder. He turns around and looks like he saw a ghost, but then it softens into the face I've grown fond of.

            "Hey," I say, smiling gently.

            "Hey," He replies.

            We start walking side by side then, but he isn't as talkative as he usually is.

            "You're a man of many words, huh?" I tease, nudging his arm playfully. Thankfully it earns me a laugh out of him.

            "Yeah, I guess," He shrugs, dodging a group of people walking in a clump.

            "Well," I pause to take a breath, wondering why in the hell my hands are shaking so much. "I was comin' to say I'm gonna go to the game tomorrow."