SEVENTEEN // Micah

A/N: I'm giving you this update as well because the next part is going to be kinda difficult for me to write. I have no idea how long it'll take me to finish it, so here's this.

HOW HIS SISTER KNOWS ALL

I walk mindlessly into the kitchen, glancing down at the message that comes across my phone screen. It's Piper.

>Pipes: I'm rolling my eyes so hard right now

            It brings a smile to my lips as I type out my reply.

>So it was good then?

            I had the bright idea yesterday to start sending her cheesy pick-up lines. Stupid ones, like: did you  just fall out of a plane? Because you're the bomb. Dumb ones like that. Because she's been stressing out about the choir concert tomorrow – so much so that she's been studying her sheet music at lunch; it's worrying – and it was definitely showing through yesterday, so at lunch I said a random one like: I'd rather be cactus than cacti, and she laughed, but she thought it was the stupidest thing.

            "You do realize you just said you'd rather be alone, right?" She had told me, glancing at me with her unsure expression – the one she gets when she can't exactly tell if I'm joking or being completely serious.

            "Yeah, I know," I had said, glad that she caught the mistake like I did the first time I heard the pick-up line. "Made you laugh, though."

            She had nodded, almost like she didn't want to admit it made her laugh, but still said, "Yeah, it did. Thanks."

            I look up from the tile flooring when I hear a plate clank in the sink rather loudly. My head snaps to the side, catching Roxie looking at me with a smug smirk.

            "Who ya textin'?" Roxie asks, momentarily busying herself with washing a plate that already looks clean.

            "Oh," I chuckle weakly, clicking my phone off and pocketing it. "No one."

            "Hm," She hums disbelievingly, raising both her eyebrows.

            I narrow my eyes at her, shaking my head. "I don't know why I even try lyin' to you anymore."

            "Me neither," She shrugs, reaching behind her to grab a towel to dry the plate with. "So," She pauses, her eyes averting to mine briefly. "It's a girl?" She says it as a question, but she already knows the answer.

            I nearly roll my eyes. "Yes, Rox, it's a girl."

            She smiles brightly, opening the cabinet door to place the plate on top of the others. "What's her name?"

            "Piper," I say without hesitation. "She's in choir."

            Rox snickers. "You like her."

            I take a step back, my eyes widening.

            My sister glances up at me weirdly, leaning back against the kitchen counter. "Oh, don't look at me like that. You've been smiling like crazy lately, joking more than usual, and you haven't worn your red hoodie since you went to the JV game last Thursday. It doesn't take an idiot to put two and two together, y'know."

            I narrow my eyes, then smile. "You're weird."

            "Nah, I just know you really well," She shrugs like it's nothing, and changes the topic. "What's she like?"