THIRTEEN // Piper

A/N: This is kind of part 2 of the last one because it was getting to be waaaay too long for my liking. So here's the football game/not date :))

poeturie YES DOUBLE UPDATE BECAUSE I LOVE YOU

HOW THE ICE IS (FINALLY) TRULY BROKEN

Micah and I decide to meet at the same place we met that one day a month ago in the parking lot, where he normally parks his truck.

Since the game doesn't start until seven, I decide on going home and maybe taking a nap before going back to the school.

My mom isn't home when I walk in, which doesn't surprise me, but also means that I go to my room and lay down for a nap without feeling guilty. It's both good and bad because I get to sleep, but I have no clue what time I'll wake up, and I really shouldn't sleep anyway. I have stuff to do, but oh well.

When I wake up, it's only six fifteen. I actually got a solid two hours of sleep.

I sit up and smooth out my clothes, looking around for where I kicked my shoes off. I slip my feet into them and grab my phone off the charger, walking out of my room.

I make my way down the hall, searching for my choir hoodie and keys. I find my keys, but get the complete mess scared out of me by my mom standing in the kitchen doorway.

"Good lord," I breathe, placing my hand over my rapidly beating heart. "When did you get home?" I nearly scream. "You nearly scared the shit outta me."

She laughs, "About half an hour ago. You were passed out when I checked on you. Where're you goin'?"

"Football game," I tell her, placing my phone in my back pocket.

"Ah," She nods, then pauses, her eyebrows furrowing. "But it's Thursday."

"It's a JV game," I clarify.

"Oh," She says, realization taking over her features. "Are you singin'?"

I shake my head, "Nope," I shrug. "Just wanted to go. JV doesn't get a lot of support."

She nods, "Alright, well, have fun. I'm gonna get groceries while you're out. D'you need money for food?"

I shake my head, "I think I've got some in the car." I'm too nervous to eat.

"Here, take a ten just in case," She turns on heel and grabs her purse, producing a ten dollar bill for me in record timing.

I take it anyway, knowing she'll protest if I don't. I tuck the bill into my front pocket, giving her a quick hug before heading out the door.

The drive to the school only lasts fifteen minutes, and when I pull into the student parking lot, I see Micah standing in the middle of the parking space next to his truck. I guess he's saving it for me. What a dork.

He waves, smiling brightly when he sees me. I wave back, laughing to myself because he's so stupid in a cute way. He steps aside so I can pull into the parking space without hitting him.

I turn off the engine, reaching for the door handle only to find he already has the door opened for me.

I swallow down the nervous lump in my throat and thank him, stepping out of my car. He shuts the door softly, waiting as I press the lock button on my keys.

Then we start walking toward the stadium, and at first there is absolutely no conversation. Until he speaks up.

"Did you take a nap when you got home?" He asks, and I notice he's got his hands stuffed in his hoodie pocket. He rarely ever does that.