Going back for the first time

1820

Jungkook's P.O.V

"You're back!"

The boy in front of me drops his watering pot onto the roses and shrieks when he sees he broke a stem. He picks the pot up again and clutches the thing in his hands when his eyes find mine again.

"You're back", he whispers now more to himself.

"I'm back", I smile but deep inside I feel nervous. It's been only a week for me since I saw him but for him it were three years.

"You grew taller", I notice, looking him up and down, seeing the slow blush creep up on his cheeks as I check him out.

"You haven't changed", he replies, "Oh and do you know why I grew so much? It's because you were gone for three godforsaken years!"

I hold my hands up as the boy storms towards me, taking my shirt in his hands, tugging at the rough material.

"I thought I had made you up! I thought I had gone crazy!",

"I'm sorry", I grab his shoulders and massage the tense muscles, feeling his fists loosen their grip, "I don't live around these parts".

"Where do you live?", he asks, looking up at me and I need to take a moment to admire his brown eyes. They shine brightly through the soft pink aura surrounding him.

"Somewhere you wouldn't expect", I smile, "But let's talk. We have a lot of catching up to do, don't we? And I don't have much time".

"Again? Why can't you stay?", he pouts and I need to calm down my wolf who wants to kiss him until he can't breathe. He's fourteen now but still too young to take advantage of.

"It doesn't matter", I smile and extent my hand, "Let's make this short visit make it worth the wait".

His small hand slips into mine like they were made for each other and he tugs me into the flower garden where a small bench is situated.

"I have so much to tell you!"

~

"This kid will be the death of me I'm sure of it", I groan once I'm back into my apartment where my girlfriend is waiting for me on the couch. Ah right I still have a girlfriend. I mentally hit myself. I should break up with her.

She's not my mate and we both know it. When we first met she was already eighteen, being the older one, and told me she could see my aura. Being the naïve seventeen year old I was, I believed her but when I turned eighteen there was no aura around her like I expected. She apologized eventually and I accepted it, still caring about her even after her lie. Her mate died and since we figured that we were both destined to have no mate, we could be together anyway.

But I have found my mate now which places everything in a different perspective.

"What took you so long babe?", she asks me once I drop my stuff in the bedroom.

"I was visiting someone", I shrug, "It's not a big deal".

It is a big deal but I don't want her to find out just yet. I haven't told anyone except Namjoon about Taehyung and I want things to stay like that.

My mind wanders back to my talk with Taehyung, the small fourteen year old boy with a bubbly and giggly personality. He told me about the flowers he's been growing and the new people moving into Mister Yong's house. He seems to have blocked out the incident completely, talking about how Mister Yong moved to somewhere else. I wonder if he already knows if he's a werewolf or if he blocks out every time he changes.

"Babe?"

"Huh?", I blink, focusing back on my girlfriend, "What?"

I hadn't even realized she had crawled into my lap, biting her lip seductively.

"Not now Mina", I sigh, "You know how tired I am after work".

She huffs and crosses her arms, "You seem to care more about work lately than about me".

What if I do?

She doesn't await my answer and leans in to kiss me, moving her lips against mine. I don't feel the usual pleasure when kissing her. It feels dull, like my emotions try to block her out. Her hands wrap themselves around my neck and the touches remind me of a colorless sky. It all feels numb. Plain. Not like the soft pink I grew to love.

My heart beats a bit faster after thinking about him and I'm sure Mina thinks it's because of her. Her wolf ears probably picked up the racing already but she can't read my mind luckily. Cause all she could be able to see is a certain brown haired boy with a boxy smile and freckles like stars on his skin.