Explanations are necessary

Jungkook's P.O.V

Taehyung stumbles backwards, almost knocking over the swivel chair behind him. My hand reaches out for him and I can barely grab him in time before he hits the ground. I steady him and place my hands on his hips in a protective manner.

"I- how- this isn't-", his eyes are shut tightly while he mutters out incomplete sentences, "No- I was- how!?"

I raise one hand to wipe the hair in front of his eyes away and smile sympathetically at him. He blinks back at me, seemingly too shocked to react.

"A few years ago some people found a way to travel back in time. It's an incredible painful experience though so only alphas are allowed to do it", my hand travels to his arm and holds it up, showing the blisters that have formed on the tender skin, "Alphas heal faster than betas and omegas. You're an omega so these wounds will take a while for you to heal. We'll probably need to grab first aid".

I gaze at Namjoon who's standing there with a nervous expression, probably wondering what we'll do with this situation. It's highly forbidden to take people from the past back to the future.

"Can you grab the first aid kit?"

Namjoon rips his gaze away from Taehyung and nods grumpily in my direction before walking off.

"He doesn't seem to like me very much", Taehyung mumbles as he watches Namjoon go.

"Don't stress too much. He's just shocked, like we all are, because you appeared here", I kiss his knuckles, close to his burn wounds and I hear small whimpers leave his lips.

"I-I thought I had lost you", he bites his plump lips in thought, averting his stare away from me, "You disappeared and I searched the whole field until I stumbled onto this black swirling thing. It transported me here when I touched it".

"Black swirling thing?", I mumble, squinting my eyes, "Did I- create a time portal? Shit, I probably went too much to your timeline and place".

Taehyung tilts his head at me again, resembling a cute lost puppy and pokes my chest, "Did you travel back in time just to see me?"

A sheepish smile makes its way on my lips and I scratch my neck awkwardly.

"Yeah well... I was sent on a mission to 1817 to gather information about the mysterious killings that would happen in the next few years. I hadn't expected to stumble upon my mate, a small young boy around eleven years old. I- um went back every week to gain your trust so you would believe and accept me once you turned eighteen. It's not needed to say that things didn't quite go as expected..."

Taehyung blinks a few times and then stomps my chest, probably with all the strength he has, but I hardly feel the hit.

"So you're telling me that all those years of waiting for you to come back were only a few weeks in your time line!?", he snaps frustrated, "So that's why you never told me anything about yourself and why you were mad I got a lover! You could've expected though for it to sound totally irrational to me! I see a dude 4 or 5 times in my life and he suddenly expects for me to fall in love with him?? I was pissed off at you!"

I hold my hands up in defense, "Are you still pissed at me?"

"Does it sound like it!?", he flails his arms around annoyed.

"Uh... yeah", I nod and he stops his movements.

"Okay maybe I'm just slightly annoyed at you but now I can see it from your perspective too and I guess you had your right to get mad at me but-", he slips his hands into mine which makes my heart flutter at the touch, "Were you planning on coming back after our fight?"

I look around nervously, tapping my foot on the tiles,"Um I hadn't figured that out yet".

I see his eyes widen in disbelief and he retracts his hands back. The touch also takes away the tingles and warmth leaving me feeling empty. His expression is full of hurt and I realize too late why he stares at me like that.

"You were going to leave me, just, like that?", he whispers shocked, "I-I can't believe it".

I reach out to him but he dodges my hand.

"Please understand Taehyung! I thought you were better off without me", I plead to him but returns the stare with cold eyes, "Everyone is against me going back too many times to the same time line so I was already breaking rules by seeing you so much. I thought this mate thing would never work out after you told me about your friend! I thought you would be happier if I let you be in 1822! Our lives weren't meant to be shared with each other".

"You could've thought about that sooner before you invaded my life like that!", he yells at me and I realize I truly hurt him, "You can't just leave like that without me knowing where you went! What if I went looking for you and it would have slowly driven me crazy!? I have wondered so many times if I had just made you up until you decided to visit me again and then leave me for two years. I-It h-hurt".

He breaks down in tears, his body shaking due the sobs and I hesitate to hug him. Am I allowed to touch him after everything?

I step closer and when he doesn't react I pull him into my arms. He wraps his arms around my chest almost instantly and cries against my the crook of my neck.

"I'm sorry Taehyung, for everything that I did", I whisper as I rub soothing circles on his back. He doesn't say anything and keeps wetting my shirt with his tears. My heart breaks at the sounds echoing around the room and bouncing off the walls.

I sigh and lean my chin on his head,"I'm so sorry. I will never hurt you again. I don't even deserve your forgiveness at this point and-".

"Shut up you big goof", he suddenly speaks up, his voice muffled by my shirt, "I already forgave you five seconds ago".

I smile warmly as Taehyung looks up at me with red and puffy eyes.

"You're so beautiful. What did I do to ever deserve you?"

He giggles cutely, "Nothing except timetravelling to my time line".

🌷🌻🌹

I've been waiting for the dentist for AN HOUR IVE BEEN TYPING THIS STORY IN THE WAITING ROOM