Chapter 8| Promise me no Promises

The sun was now going down, and I had to get back to the hotel room before Dad gets worried. Emery said he would walk with me till the lobby then I'll go the rest by myself. "You know I bet your Instagram is really pretty." He spoke referencing my photography, I shrugged. "I don't have Instagram." "Why?" I shrug again. "Snapchat?" He asked, I shook my head again. "Listen go up and download both, then text me your usernames. Okay?" "Okay." I reply. "The new Gus and Hazel. Awwww!" Liam joked, followed by Ricky laughing and high fiving him. I rolled my eyes as we reached the lobby. "Okay well I'll see ya around." I spoke before rushing up the stairs back to the hotel room. 

Sam: Bonnie_Clarkson

Emery: What?

Sam: Instagram and Snapchat. 

Emery: Oh! Right. 

Notifications
Snapchat: emerytkelly has requested to follow you
Instagram: emerytkelly has requested to follow you

Sam: I don't get the point of Instagram. No one has to know where I am 24/7

Emery: then only post photos.

Notifications
Instagram: Tristan_Horrors has requested to follow you
Instagram: Karly:P has requested to follow you

Emery: Hey can you send me those two photos you took of me today?

Sam: Two photos?

Emery: Come on I saw you take that other one.

Sam: Okay Fine 
2 photos sent

Emery: Thanks. You are good you know that right?

Sam: No.

Emery: Well you are, and you better believe it.

Sam: I don't. I'm not good at anything. I make the world shatter at my fingertips.
___

I wake up as I get a notification on my phone.  I look and see it's a snapchat, from Emery. 

I send one back 

I send one back 

He replies 

I agree. Quietly I slip on my shoes and a sweatshirt before sliding out of the hotel room and down to the lobby at 2am. 
When I arrive I stop Emery sitting a chair waiting. He no longer had on a black t shirt, but a sweatshirt instead. "Emery? What the hell, it's like 2am." I whisper as I approach the insane boy. "Come on I wanna show you something." He stood up putting his hand out. I look to him, to the hand, back to him. "Come on." He put his hand out more, I just roll my eyes taking his hand and following him to where ever he was taking me. 
__
"I never noticed the stars before." I broke the silence as Emery and I laid on our backs on the deck of the cruise ship just staring up at the sky. "A lot of people don't." He replied before it went back to being silent. "Are you normally this quiet?" He finally starts again. "I think." "You think?" He asks moving to rest on his arm looking at me, I sat on my back. "I don't really think about it. Maybe someday' s I talk a lot and other days I don't." "You think a lot a think, but not about yourself." "I think about the world. Maybe that's why I'm so fucked up." I laugh sitting up, Emery copied my movements. "You're not fucked up." "Don't lie Emery, I know I am." "Everyone is."  "Not like me." He was gonna speak again, but I gave him no time as I stood up and walked away. Emery followed. 
It looked like we were drunk or high or both. We were running around at 3am laughing like living hell for no reason, I never had done this before. Been high on life, I mean. "Emery pose." I give barely anytime before I snap the photo, but somehow it turns out amazing like all of his photos. Silly but still a good photo. 

"You snake!" He laughs shooting up and running after me, I scream and try to run away

"You snake!" He laughs shooting up and running after me, I scream and try to run away. Emery is both taller and faster than me so he catches me before I can get away. I laugh as me pulls me towards him, he's laughing to, until he's not. I stop and look at him, I see he's staring at me. "Wh-" He doesn't let me talk as he puts a finger to my mouth to stop me from talking, I don't speak. I was shaking,  I could tell and he could tell. It was like a blur almost, but it wasn't a blur when his lips connected with mine. I was freaking out I didn't know what to do, he took lead and I followed. After what seemed like hours I pulled back, both of us breathless. "Emery promise me no promises." I blurt out. "Why?" He asks still breathless keeping our foreheads together. "Because when ever I get promised something it all goes wrong, but promise to not promise me anything." He looked in my eyes, he knew that it wasn't a joke. "Okay. I promise, no promises."