Chapter 16| Give Your Heart A Break

I should have answered. I've been pushing her away from Emery all vacation. Now she's dead. It's all setting in, I'm no longer paralyzed, I feel everything. I feel the death of Clyde, the heartbreak of Emery, and the lost of my mom. I spent my last day on the island locked up in the bedroom blocking out the world with music. Jared didn't leave my side, well he stayed in the living room while I was locked in the bedroom. Every time my phone rings I want it to be mom, but it's not, it's Emery. Or Ricky or Liam all of them are trying to get a hold of me through text, call, and DMS, but I just want them to leave me alone. 
There was a knock on the door. "What?" I the cracks open and Jared slips in with a take out box. "Mom and Travis got you ribs down at the BBQ place." He smiled at me, I stared at him coldly. "I'm not hungry." I mumble, but he still understood. "You have to eat something Sam you haven't even all day." "I said I don't want food!" I snapped, he just nodded and left the room. 
_
We started to sail again, now we're going home, only not really. After we get back to California we fly to Maine (that's where they live), then we fly home and clean out my house, then we fly back to Maine. I don't want that, I want this ship to go down like the Titanic and I wanna be the Jack, I want Emery to be the Rose. I hope him and the boys go far, I hope nothing bad happens. Nothing will, because I'm not apart of there lives. 
_
Jared: Open the front door. 
Sam: Why?
Jared: I left something. 

I drag myself out of the bedroom to the front door. I look horrible, but I don't care. I was dressed in sweatpants and my NYU sweatshirt, it was Jared he's seen me like this. I open the door, but it didn't reveal Jared... It was Emery. "Sam-" I tried closing the door but his foot stopped it from closing. "Don't do this." "You don't do this." "Sam just listen, please." "You're just gonna leave me after this, stop saying you not gonna cause you will." "I would never hurt you like that Sam." I threw the door open, he almost fell as he was leaning against the door but he caught himself. "I'm not like everyone else, I would never hurt you. You're scared to let anything happen and it's wrong! You've been hurt before and I can tell you can't hide it anymore. One of the first things you told me was that you don't like people, but form what I've seen you love other people. I thought I past the test." We both looked so phatic, him standing in the hallway and me in the hotel room, both of us crying like a baby. "Everyone slips out of my grip when I think I have them." "It's because you run!" "Please Emery just leave, don't make this harder." "All I wanted was to give you a break from hurt, but you won't let me. You're hurting yourself."