Chapter 9| Cat is out of the bag

"Where were you yesterday?" Kayla asked as we ate breakfast in the hotel room. "At the pool." I simply reply, it wasn't a total lie as the wave pool is by the pool. "All day?" "Kayla get off her back." Jared rolled his eyes at his sister. "Well I was just wondering because Megan and I went to the pool and didn't see you." "It's a big pool." 
_
Emery: When am I gonna meet your parents. 

Sam: Well only my Dad is on the ship right now dumbass. 

Emery: You know what I mean.. The people you are with. 

Sam: How about never?

Emery: Did you tell anyone about last night. 

Sam: Last night?

Emery: Yeah..... last night. 

Sam: Did you think I would?

Emery: I wasn't sure. 

Sam: Did you?

Emery: Only Liam and Ricky. 

Sam: Thought so. 

Emery: Are you going to the fireworks tonight?

Sam: Yeah, Why?

Emery: Can we join?

Sam: Emery I don't know. 

Emery: Please, as friends. 

Sam: Friends?

Emery: And only friends. 

Sam: Okay.... I guess. 

_

It feels like fate, and that's not a word I like to use. Ty and Jared really needed to wash there underwear and socks, so Dad and Quill sent Kayla, Megan, and myself with them and told us to wash our dirty clothes as well. Dad and Quill left us alone, what great parents. I decided to take a book along with me and headphones so I could block the whole world out. Megan and Kayla were sitting on a bench looking through Instagram probably, while Jared and Ty went out to get snacks at the snack bar a little bit away. I sat with my back against the washing machine in which the three of us girls were using for our clothes with my legs pulled towards my chest. I wasn't bothering anyone until I heard the door of the laundry mat open. I looked over guessing it was gonna be Ty and Jared, but it wasn't. It was Ricky, Liam, and Emery. I stood up placing my book on the top of the machine continuing to read, acting like I didn't notice them. It didn't work. 
"Hey." Emery spoke pulling my headphones around my neck, so that I could hear him. Out the of corner of my eye I saw Kayla and Megan look up, but mostly Kayla. "Hey." I quietly reply back. "Friends remember." He spoke with that stupid grin he always has on his face. "Yeah friends." I glanced over to him before returning my glance to the book. "You're nervous." He sat placing a hand ontop of mine, which rested ontop of the machine. "You're shaking." He spoke again, and quickly I ripped my hand away. As if on timing, Kayla was at my side. "Hi, I'm Kayla." Emery turned to face her as I closed my book getting ready for a show. "I know, we met." "You remember?" Well how couldn't he, she was fucking insane and not fangirl insane like psycho insane.  "You know Sam?" She asked bitterly sweet. "Yeah, he almost drowned me." I replied before Emery could, this comment made Emery laugh, and Kayla burn in rage. "She invited us to fireworks with you all later." "Invited who?" Jared asked from behind Emery, Emery turned around to be faced with both Ty and Jared. "Emery." He put his hand out, Jared looked at him for a second. "Jared." 
___

"Jared can you tell Dad that I'll meet you guys for dinner, I need to do something with them." I asked Jared as we walked out of the laundry mat. "What do you have to do?" He asked straight away. "Um......." I looked at them for help. "We need her to take photos for our Instagram." Emery thought on his toes. "Okay, I'll tell him." "I'll come with, I take on good picture." Kayla slid closer to Ricky, not in a cute way, but a creepy way. "Um no I think we're good." Ricky slowly moved away. Kayla huffed and stormed away, the others quickly followed. "Thanks, I didn't wanna hang out with Kayla anymore." I turned towards them. "No problem and don't think that was a lie, we do need you for Instagram photos." 
___

" ___

___

"So who's Emery?" Dad asks as we sit in the living room of the hotel playing War, the card game. "a friend, he almost drowned me." I reply not looking up at him. "Did you meet him on the cruise?" "Yeah." I nod, Dad follows by a nod as well. "Kayla tells me he's in that band, what is it?" "Forever in your mind." I fill in his blank. "Right Forever in your mind. How old is he?" "Oh my god Dad, he's just a friend and after this stupid vacation he won't even remember me!" We sat silently for another minute or so. "Do they wanna come to dinner with us tonight?"