Chapter 15| One Last Time

_It was early in the morning I was sitting out by the pool for some alone time, barely anyone was there

_
It was early in the morning I was sitting out by the pool for some alone time, barely anyone was there. 

Sam: I'm having a good time, I'm glad you made me come 
Sam: This is Emery, he's my boyfriend. He's making me and keeping me happy.

I send her my favorite picture of him, she should know

I send her my favorite picture of him, she should know. Just incase when I get back she isn't there. Emery is suddenly in front of me. He was still wearing the clothes from last night, it looks like he hasn't slept but he was still full of energy. "What's up with you, you look like totally shit." I laugh as he takes a seat down next to me. "Come with me." "You need to stop doing that!" I laugh again this time makin him laugh with me. "Trust me." He looked straight into my eyes and it was hard not to. 

"We're going on a adventure!" He said standing in front of a black G-Wagon, my jaw hung low. "You bought a G-Wagon?" "Rented it, but yeah." "I'm not getting in a car with you. I don't know if you can drive or not." He pulled out his drivers license. "That's not what I meant Emery." He smiled walking over to the driver's door, then he looked back at me. "You coming?" "Ugh you're lucky I trust you." I groan opening the passenger side following him by getting in. 
"You better put your buckle on." I warn as I buckle up and he starts the car, he looked at me. "You're such a control freak you know that right?" He laughs. "Please Em." He nods and puts on the buckle. The windows were rolled down, and my head rested outside the window. Nothing seems real anymore, this can't be. 

I don't know where he's taking me, but he starts going up a steep hill. I ask where he's taking me, but he doesn't reply. 
When we reach the top he quickly gets out and I follow. He's acting weird, he says nothing and just stands on the edge of the mountain, I slowly move and stand next to him. "Bye." And he fells. 

I jolt awake, Emery voice and someone shaking me. I don't want to open my eyes. "Sam." He shakes me open, I open my eyes and look up at him he looked worried. "What time is it?" I ask sitting up and looking around, the sun was getting ready to set and we were still on top of the mountain. "It's almost 8:30." I sniffled trying to wake myself up more. "You were crying. In your sleep." He reached out and wiped some tears from my face, I quickly move away wiping them away myself. I must have fallen asleep up here on Emery's shoulder. "Nothing, it was nothing." I shook my head trying to convince myself that it was nothing. Emery looked at me hard with worry in his eyes and face, finally I gave it. "You jumped." He looked confused. "You stood on the edge of the cliff and jumped, leaving me like everyone does." He didn't know what do say, he just leaned in and kissed me softly, almost like he was letting me know he was still here. "What's gonna happen after vacation?" I finally ask after he pulls back. "You're gonna be in LA and I'll be on the whole other side of the US, tell me Emery how that's gonna work?" "We'll figure it out." "Don't give me that shit Emery! Long distance never works!" I yell, tears start to come again but not for me.... Emery started to cry as well. "We're different." "Emery god damn we're not different!" A tears rolled down his face, it broke my heart to see him cry. "Just take me back." He didn't fight he just nodded as we walked back to the G-Wagon. 
On the ride down I got a call from my mom, I didn't answer. I can't deal with all of that right now. 
He pulled up to the docks and I ran like Quicksliver back onto that boat, leaving Emery crying in the car. 
_