Chapter 1| Leaving the Nest

He's nothing to you. 
All  you have of him is some of his DNA.
He's not your dad. 
You have no dad. 

I stare blankly in the mirror at the reflection of myself. 

It's only 4 weeks. 
1 at his house, 3 on the ship.
You can do it.

My hair was newly cut short. He has never seen me with anything besides my normal long hair. It looked like Yael's hair in Degrassi: Next Class after she comes out as Gender fluid, only shorter, red and more curly. 

Does he know I have curly hair?
Or does he think it's still straight?

My outfit was from my head to my toes black. Black jean shorts, black t shirt, black sweater cardigan that was two sizes too big, black converse, black nails, black everything. It went well with my pale skin and deep blue eyes, but not so well with my medium brown hair. 
My eyes travel around my room by using the mirror, two bags sat ready to go on my bed. A white retro suitcase with no wheels, joined by a marvel cinematic backpack. 
My door opens and I spin around to be faced with my mother. I don't see any of myself in her, but I want to only so I don't see myself in him. Her long blonde hair was tied into a messy ponytail, while she wore a white tank top, blue jean shorts, and sandals. She was smiling. "Are you ready?" She questioned opening the bedroom door fully, I nod walking over to my bed putting the backpack on my shoulders. "I'm gonna miss you Sam. My baby is leaving the nest." She pulled me into a hug, I love my mom I really do, she's my everything. But..... hugs are fucking stupid. "I can stay home!" I jumped on it straight away, I didn't want to go. "No no go, it will be good." I rolled my eyes. 
I couldn't get out of it, I had to go.
I was gonna see him. I couldn't help it.
He was gonna see me and only me. 
He isn't gonna know what happened.  
______
First chapter rewritten, this is actually a new chapter that I added in while rewriting. 
Hope you liked it.