The Aftermath pt. 1

(Hiccups POV)

I was taking care of all the dragons around the island and making a list of the ones that are now parents.

It is important that the dragons that are parents don't go with us because I want these babies to raised properly. With both parents.

I can't remember the last time I had two parents. I was raised with only one parent, and unfortunately it was my father. Stoick the Vast, cheif of the Hairy Hooligan Tribe of Berk. Even the name Stoick means an emotional hard ass. I mean, can there be a more fitting name?

I don't remember my mother, at all. I just know her from a story someone told me. No one really talks about her.

Anyways, I finished all my daily chores. So I went back into the caves and to my cave room, I call the Forge. In there I have a desk, multiple invention designs, paint, paint brushes, a smithing table, basically anything you would find in a black smith's shop. The only thing it doesn't have is a way for the smoke and heat to escape. So I usually end up taking off my armor, but if it's a really hot day, then I end up taking of my shirt.

Right now, I'm not working on anything new, I'm just going to sharpen some of my weapons. I need to get ready for my journey to the island where I am known as the Savior. I'm running out of room on my island, so I'm escorting a few dragons that have been fighting by my side since the very beginning. I think it's time for them to retire, the deserve it. Also, I'm going there to visit an old friend. You guys will learn a lot more about her later.

Anyway, now I'm done in the Forge, which brings me back to my worry of the day...Toothless hasn't been very active lately and I'm worried it's because the Nadder is no longer on the island. The were really close and they used to play together for hours on end.

I shouldn't be thinking about this right now, I'm going to get some rest before tonight. I usually don't care about my health before a raid, but I have a funny feeling about tonight.....I wonder why?

*short time skip*

I woke up to Toothless liking my face.

I chuckled, "Hey bud"

He warbled as an answer

"Ready to go?"

He jumped around like a happy little puppy.

I got up, wiped my face off, and put my armor back on.

Then I went outside to gather the dragons that were going with us. Usually I would take the scenic route over to Berk, but I have things to do afterwards, so I took the short cut.

When we got close to Berk, something as off. There were people packed in the center of the village, in front of the Great Hall, and I think I saw some movement in the arena. Luckily, we were far enough that they didn't know that we were ther.

I figured this must have been what that village meeting was about. If it was, then they have something for huge planned. They still haven't seen us so I decided to head strict up towards the clouds. We used the clouds as cover and I went back down, alone, and started to take out the catapults.

There were people launching boulders from the catapults and there were even people shooting arrows and bolas off the catapults. I used the cover of darkness to take out all the catapults, but the rest is going to be tricky. Once I head for any other part of the island, I will no longer have the darkness, we will be fully emerged in torch light.

I'll need a distraction.....
____________________________________________________________________
(Astrids POV)

With a sigh, we all headed towards the caves. By the time we got there, it was dark, and then it was pitched black. Then that's when we heard it........THE WHISTLE OF A NIGHT FURY. Which was shortly followed by a plasma blast and yells.

There was a couple more plasma blasts and yells, then......

Nothing.

Nothing at all.

Complete and total silence.

Then it sounded like all hell broke loose.

About ten minutes later Gobber came running up to the cave.

" Alright yer guys, it's time to put yer training to good use!" Gobber yelled to us teens.

"Oh right, Astrid, here is yer axe!" He exclaimed, handing me my axe.

"Cool,thanks!"

Once we got to the village..........

Well let's just say all hell did break loose.

Almost every house was on fire, dragons were landing, others were firing, the Uknown Enemy was fighting. Basically anything that was flammable was on fire, any viking that could fight was fighting, and anything that could go insane was going insane.

I heard a sound in the woods......

"Stormfly!" I shouted

"What?" Asked Fishlegs

I started running into the forest.

"Hey! Where are you going!?!" Yelled Snotlout

"I have a plan, just be patient!" Then I ran as fast as I could.

I finally got to her.

"Hey girl!"

All of a sudden, words rang through my head......You can name this Nadder, you can spend as much time with this Nadder as you want, and you can even train to ride this Nadder.

I have done all of those things. Expect the last one.

"Do you trust me?"

She lowered her back so I could hop on...we took off into the sky. I instructed her to drop me, like she took off with me.

I spotted Snotlout, the twins, Heather, and Fishlegs surrounding the Unknown Enemy.

"There!" I said pointing to where they were, so that is where she would drop me.

We were still pretty high in the air, so they didn't here me, and so I could jump off Stormfly's back so she could catch me with her claws.

Yeah.

I know.

It sounds absolutely idiotic.

But I trust her.

Anyway, she did catch me and to stop myself from screaming, I held my axe in my mout, but I ended up dropping it, which added more to the affect.
____________________________________________________________________

HEY GUYS! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK, Secrets and Lies ! ALSO, SORRY FOR THE LONG CHAPTER, BUT I HAVE BEEN BUSIER THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD BE THIS SUMMER, SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THE NONRECENT UPDATING. ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE AN AMAZING DAY! ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!
-infinityshipper04