What are you doing to me?

Astrid

   "I've got nothing else! The only other thing I could offer you, that you don't already have is my warmth!"

   I felt my cheeks grow hot.

Did he really just say that?

Was this really Hiccup?

   "W-what?" I asked, almost afraid to hear his answer.

   He chuckled. "You know we've slept together before right?"

   "What?!?" I exclaimed, "When!?!"

   He only gave me a chuckle as answer and turned the fish over the fire.

That damn chuckle.

   My face grew hot once again.

Okay.

Take a deep breathe.

Get ahold of yourself!

   "You going to answer my question?" I asked, putting my hand on my waste and shifting my weight to one leg.

   He looked up, looking me straight in the eyes. His gaze was strong and held such authority that it mede me want to look away and shrink down. However, I wouldn't dare do that. I straightened myself as much as I could and held his gaze with whatever authority and honor I had.

   If I had done this with the chief back home, I would have been in big trouble. I never understood why. Not until now. It was a show of challenging the leader. Doing this to Hiccup stirred my insides and brought guilt to the surface.

He has the potential to be a great cheif.

So why doesn't he return to Berk and claim the throne?

Everyone will be so happy to see him.

   "You challenging me?" He asked, snapping me from my thoughts. "Too proud to look away?"

   I smirked and straightened a little more.

   He returned the smirk, although his 10 times more devious than mine. Making me feel like I was being tricked and he had all the power.

   He walked toward me, only stopping a few inches from where I stood. He was bringing the challenge to a whole new level. He was trying to see if I'd back down. Litterally.

   He was slowly going to get closer and closer until it got to the point that I'd be too uncomfortable and take a step back.

He knows what he's doing.

And he's good at it too!!

   This act also made me want to shrink down to size. I've never felt this intimidated in my life. Not even by a fire-breathing dragon!

What did he care if I was challenging him?

He's no chief!

He's playing dead like a coward!

   He took another step forward. He over powered me on size, strength, and he had a presence that surrounded him. It was a presence of mystery, strength, loss, and a few other things I couldn't recgonize.

   It was penetrating off of him. Yet again making me feel even more intimidated.

   He knew he had the odds on his side. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew he was going to win without being cocky.

   This wasn't the innocent, push-over, lost Hiccup that lived on Berk all those years ago. This one was strong, athoritive, respected, and knew what he was supposed to be doing at that moment in time.

   He took another step forward.

   The only thing being able to fit between us would be a paper. My personal space, ignored and the reason this all started, forgotten. It all came down to who would win.

   I never realized how tall Hiccup actually was. He stood a good four inches over me. The width of his shoulders made me feel little compared to him.

Damn!

   He shuffled closer, closing the gap between us, and pressing his body against mine.

   A warmth spread through my body and cause the butterflies in my stomach to go wild. He was intimidating me and messing with my feelings at the same time.

Did he have any idea what he was doing to me?

   I could feel my cheeks change from rosy to a bright red. Out of instinct I looked down to hide my face, not caring that due to our closeness that I was burring my face in his chest.

   He chuckled as he wrapped his arm around my waist and let his hand rest on my lower back.

        ***

   We finished eating our fish and went to bed. The two of us laying beside each other between the two dragons.

   Before falling asleep I let all the events of the data and my thoughts of them role around in my head. I was mad, confused, and embarrassed. What a crazy combination.

***

   I woke up to be laying against Hiccup. He was warm and made me feel like nothing was wrong with the world. 8 wanted to stay like this forever, but he woke up shortly after I did.

   Without moving, he whispered, "Morining."

Thor, what'd I'd do to hear his raspy morning whisper voice again.

   "Morning" Then out came my half dead voice.

   He propped himself up on his elbow, still resting his other had around my waist, "We better get going then."

   All at once, the warmth and sense of security left. Allowing the cold air and my life screw ups to wash over me once more. Just feeling this made me want to do anything to feel that wrath and security again. Even if it was just for a few more seconds.

   Hiccup Haddock what are you doing to me?