Chapter 2

You are nothing less than an angel for the twins, Alyssa; not everyone is able to do what you are doing. I, for once, know that you have taken the right decision. You will surely be an amazing mother to them, and I'm sure whatever you will do will be more than what any orphanage can do for them.

These were the parting words - the much needed pep talk that Lucy gave me. I had no idea that I actually had apprehensions about my decision, but Lucy's words eased my mind to a certain extent. I might be good with kids, but it necessarily didn't mean that I could be a good mother without any prior experience.

Well, everyone had a first time.

I was sitting cross legged on the floor of my balcony with my two babies in my lap, breathing in the fresh air to clear my mind. It was past five-thirty and I was waiting for my dearest bestie to make an appearance because I so wanted to pour out all the curses that I had stopped myself from blurting out in front of Lucy and Mason.

I had no idea how she would react. She could call me stupid and reckless for taking the decision to raise them on my own if we didn't find their parents. She already knew about the stress I had to face due to the increased workload since Larissa was vacationing. Now, adding two newborn babies to the equation, she would definitely lecture me about not thinking twice before deciding on something important and life-changing like this.

No matter what, I was definitely not going to give up on them. I had already fallen in love with them, their deep blue eyes and their cute butts - so much that even the idea of giving them back to their parents left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I knew that was selfish of me.

I couldn't help but feel possessive about them. They say that a child gives birth to a mother within you - and that is what the blue eyed twins did to me. They had cast a spell on me, and had me wrapped around their little fingers before I could even properly see them.

I sighed, feeling the cool breeze surround me as my fingers traced circles on their heads, watching their blue eyes, that were open wide, surveying their surroundings carefully, although I knew that all they could see was me.

I had changed them into the clothes Lucy had given to me and decided to avoid diapers on their first three days. I had already fed them twice or thrice, and got their cute, little butts cleaned - I mean not just their butts, but their chubby cheeks, their tummies and did I mention their cute little butts?

Honestly, I barely remembered anything about today. I walked like a corpse the whole day. I know that corpses don't walk, but I literally felt like one, dead and unfeeling. I was ready to sacrifice my sleep for the two, but it didn't mean that my sleep wasn't dear to me. In the list of my hobbies, sleep and food were at the same position, that is, they got the topmost position.

I lived to sleep as much as I lived to eat.

I could sleep just anywhere, you could throw me in a swimming pool and I might sleep there too; not that I actually tried it, you know, there are chances that I would have slept for, like forever and I was too young to spend the rest of my life sleeping.