Chapter 13

Just to make one thing clear:

Terrence and I were not engaged.

In some sense, we were, at least for the rest of the world. Everyone we knew congratulated us on the engagement, phone calls, letters, messages, emails and every social media account was flooded with congratulations. Even Jenny who looked like she was over the moon, came to meet me, many a times, and kept gushing how Terrence was a true prince charming.

Anyways, it was over the news soon, that Alyssa was still Alyssa Reynolds, not Alyssa Powers.

And just that we were engaged.

That definitely wasn't the truth too. Terrence did not go down on one knee and proposed me to make him the happiest man on earth. No, we were still in a relationship, and we were testing the waters of love.

Honestly, engagement itself was a big commitment for the both of us, I mean, it took us a month to properly kiss each other, and it took me three fucking months to finally realise that I had fallen in love with him. Many must have read stories about people falling in love and getting married within five weeks, so it shouldn't have been a big deal, you know, getting engaged after knowing each other for a month.

But it was. For us, it surely was.

Terrence and I barely spent time with each other. We did spend time together, but with the babies with us. There were still so many things that he didn't know about me and there was so much more I didn't know about him. The babies were demanding, there was no doubt at that, and to top it, our work was demanding too. Whenever we got time off the babies, anyone could find us sitting next to each other yet engrossed in our own laptops. The only time we spent together was when we cuddled in the bed at night while sleeping, or whenever we watched movies in the bedroom during the weekends.

We were so close, yet, we were distant.

Terrence had shifted everything, his clothes, his underwear, his toiletries and everything that had adorned his master bedroom, into the one he had given to us. He always complained that he was too lazy to go upstairs to the master bedroom for all the little things, and it was better to have them all here, where he spent most of his time.

I was only too willing to let him be with me.

I would have to say, I was absolutely smitten with him. I freaking loved it when he pampered me, giving me oh-so-sensual massages during my period that took my mind of the cramps. He helped me in everything, and many a times he let me sleep and played with the babies whenever they woke up in the middle of the night. I was becoming more and more indiscreet about my ogling and his perverse nature was terribly rubbing off on me.

Whenever he caught me ogling, he just smirked at me and muttered the cliche 'Like what you see?' All I did was wink back at him and nod boldly. In the beginning, it was funny to see him get surprised, but now he teased me more, seductively, to the point that I almost wanted to jump him.

But when did I not?

I was still ogling him as he was rummaging through the fridge to find something. He had woken up just a few minutes ago, and emerged out of the room in his half naked glory, with only his black boxers on. I was ogling him ever since, cleaning the living room at the same time.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" He asked, taking out an apple and walking towards me.

I picked up the magazine that was lying on the floor and stood up to give him a long lingering morning kiss. He kissed my temple when we pulled away and flopped down on the couch behind me.

"You're not going to work today, and the babies kept you awake for quite a lot of time last night. You needed the sleep." I said, bending to pick up the newspaper, completely forgetting that Terrence was sitting right behind me.