Chapter 20

Nine months.

It had been nine months since I had first found Raine and Ryan one night, Tenth of April. It was January, year 2018, now, and we were all cuddled up together on the bed.

Three months.

It had been three months since Terrence and I had said those three magic words. Did it change anything, you ask?

Yes, it did.

Firstly, our sex life changed. Everything was just more: more passion, more love, more pounding, more animalistic edge and roughness, more urgency...yeah. More. Also, now that the babies were growing up with a proper schedule, Terrence and I could give each other more time. Sometimes, we even let those two stay at Allie's or at Jenny's and would have the whole night to ourselves.

That one love confession brought us closer and made me less apprehensive about the future. It was January already, and I had no idea when situation would suddenly spring up on us and the Powers will return. We rarely thought about it, though, and decided that we would handle the situation at that moment itself.

"They fell asleep."

Terrence whispered in my ear, and I looked down to find Raine and Ryan comfortably drooling on my chest. I was sitting in Terrence's lap, my head resting on his shoulder, and the twins had been playing and babbling in my lap, with Terrence's arms around us.

"Yes. They fell asleep."

"What are you thinking?" Terrence asked and kissed my shoulder. "If you're worrying about dad and Larissa-"

I shook my head and tilted my face up to kiss his jaw. This man could still make my heart flutter with his smallest smiles.

"I've stopped thinking about that a long time ago. I worry, yes. But not as much as I did before. I was just thinking...how Raine and Ryan are growing up. Like everything's happening so soon." I shrugged.

Terrence kissed the side of my head, and I could feel the curve of a smile on his lips, "I know, right? Ryan took his first step today. Watching him, Raine followed, too. We're doing a good job, I guess, in bringing them up."

I smiled, "Yes. We are."

For a few moments, there was silence.

And I felt him hardening against me.

"Let's put them back in their cribs," he whispered in my ear, the huskier tone revealing his evil and dirty intentions.

"Yeah." I croaked out.

Terrence, in his obvious excitement, threw off the duvet and lifted me up so that I sat right in front of him. While he got off from behind me, I managed to get off the bed with the twins in my arms. He took Ryan from me and we both went into the nursery.

He got hold of the back of his shirt - which I was wearing - the moment we closed the door to the nursery. In merely a few seconds, it was off me, and I was standing in front of him half-naked.

His eyes feasted on me as he slowly took off his shirt and his sweatpants. "I never seem to get enough of you..." He whispered, grabbing my hand and tugging me closer.

"Do you want to get tired of me soon?" I raised a brow and he grabbed the back of my thighs, lifting me so that I could wrap my legs around him.

He kissed my collarbone, "No. Never."

With that we kissed, his hands finally ridding me of the rest of the clothes I had on myself. He groaned when I deepened the kiss, my nails digging in his shoulder while his fingers dug into the flesh of my ass.