Chapter 17

Miranda was already standing in the middle of the living room, her eyes fixed on the hanging photo frame, covering the majority portion of the wall near the couches. It was definitely of the four of us, grinning at Xavier who was clicking the first proper picture ever of his life.

It was a beautiful one, which was why we decided to develop it and put it on the wall.

"Hey, Miranda." I said, with a smile on my face as I carried Raine into the living room.

"Hi." She smirked as she gave Raine a once over. "Busy playing Mommy, aren't you?"

I just shrugged.

"I heard," she said, trying to muster a fake sympathetic look, "...about your ex-boyfriend coming after you at the party."

"It's alright." I shrugged it off and motioned her towards the couches. "Things like these keep happening."

"Just like some other things that you should be aware about, you know, because, after all, you're Terrence's fiancée." She smirked again, and this time, I frowned.

"Isn't Terrence here today, to tell you about his escapades?" The smug tone in her voice made me itch to bring a multipurpose diaper and smother her to death.

"What do you mean?" I set Raine down, my eyes slightly narrowed at the bitch, still standing smugly.

"Well, sorry to burst your happy Mommy bubble..." she flipped her hair over shoulder haughtily, "While you've been busy playing house and running around those brats, you have been neglecting your poor fiancé."

I looked at her, annoyed, "What. Do. You. Mean."

"Terrence and I have been in an on and off relationship ever since we met, Alyssa. Every time he went around, he always came back to me. And that's because we could never get enough of each other, no matter what. If you think that by guilt-tripping him and by getting yourself pregnant will make him all yours? Ha! You're so fucking wrong?"

I couldn't believe this woman.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance, "What are you trying to say?"

"Ever since the day when I met you the first time, Terrence has been cheating on you, with me. Every business trip he went to, it was me he came to. Even yesterday, in you absence, he drawn to me, but had to leave in the middle because of you screaming like a banshee."

I ignored the pang in my chest as my brain carefully processed every word she said.

No. I trusted Terrence implicitly, and even though I knew that Terrence and I couldn't find enough time for each other, I also knew that he wouldn't do that to me, to us, to my babies. His dick definitely wasn't more important that the twins, and he knew that.

How could I believe someone else, when Terrence told me everyday that he had eyes only for me? How could I even think of him as a cheater, when every moment he held me so gently was ingrained in mind?

Above all, how could I believe Miranda Jacobs, with her wonderful reputation, when I was so much in love with Terrence Powers.

No, I couldn't.

"Say something, Alyssa." She snickered, and takes while shaking her head, "You disappointed Terrence so much that he had to come back to me."

I was going to sock this bitch and chuck her out of the house just like that. Did she seriously think I was going to believe her?

"Really, how do you know?" I asked, trying to look hurt.

"Oh, Alyssa, he told me that you were such a bad lay, stiff as a board and completely stuck, not adventurous or something like he prefers. He regrets fucking you, badly."