Bonus - Terrence

When Terrence met the babies.

*****************************

I never understood how I acquired my incorrigible capability of opening my mouth at the oddest of times, sprouting shit that could ruin the best of the moments. I did that a lot, just like now. While here I was, enjoying the warmth of the moment, replaying the sweet memories I had with my mother, for once, not breaking down into hysteric sobs, my mouth decided to add some spice in the story.

Just the way Alyssa stiffened, the warm smile on her face replaced with a cold look as she looked up at me hinted at one thing.

I shouldn't have asked the question, no matter how curious I was. Here she was, telling me the truth about the babies, when she could have easily lied to me, and I couldn't keep my mouth shut for sometime.

"I'm sorry, but I cannot tell a random stranger everything about my babies, now, can I?" She said, as politely as she could muster, and then lifted the boy, whose name was still not known to me.

Yeah, I was really a stranger. But I was planning to change that, soon.

I sighed and nodded at her, understanding.

Raine caught my attention by grabbing my tie and tugging it softly. Her big blue eyes were smiling up at me, and I lost myself in their depths, once again. It was as if we immediately felt a long lost connection, as if those blue eyes were binding us together.

"You don't want to stay in your stroller, do you, Ryan?" I heard Alyssa cooing and cuddling Ryan to her, grinning down at him.

Raine and Ryan.

Everything in me was screaming that they were my step siblings, but I somehow couldn't figure out how it was possible? There was never a mention of the possibility of Larissa having twins. We hadn't determined the gender of the baby, but it didn't mean that we couldn't have any knowledge about the twins.

I found a bench and sat down with Raine in my arms, an inexplicable warmth spreading through my chest as I found the baby smiling up at me, showing me her gums. She was so adorable, and looking at her, I now, more and more, wished that both the babies were actually the ones I was waiting for, for nine long months.

"How old are they?" I asked her nonchalantly, as Alyssa sat down next to me on the bench. Her warm fragrance surrounded me again, making me want to inch closer to her without making it look inappropriate.

She looked up at me, grabbing Ryan's hand as they reached for her breasts.

Naughty boy.

Lucky boy.

That guy could grab her ass or her breasts and he would still get away with it. How I wished I could change places with him.

Her gaze searched mine but she answered me back with equal nonchalance. "Probably two and a half days. As far as I know, they were born on tenth of April, probably around three or four o'clock in the morning."

My heart skipped a beat.

The exact timing too. That was too much to be called a coincidence.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Nice try, Mr. Powers. Answering that would need the answer to how, when and where I found the babies." She replied, narrowing her eyes.

Damn!