Chapter 7

Was that a trick question? Who asks such a thing right in the morning?

Of course, Terrence In Boxers Powers.

I kept gaping at him, while he stared at me with an eyebrow raised. He was giving me a questioning look and I was yet not able to find a way out to answer his unpredictable question. I had no idea that such a question would be sprung up on me right in the morning, that too at a time when my brain activity seemed to be at the lowest. It also didn't help that him looking at me so expectantly made me nervous all of a sudden, because one wrong word and everything would go wrong.

Even though I had always believed that for Terrence, I was just a babysitter, the twins were always my own. I had my own apprehensions and fears about them, yes, but for me, I had always been their mother. I was possessive over them, and I didn't give a fuck if they were my biological children or not.

Whenever it came to feeding the two, I always got a bit frustrated, because that was one thing that reminded me time and again that they didn't belong to me. I knew there was a solution to the whole breastfeeding thing, but I knew that with Terrence being here, with a high probability of having some kind of a relationship with them, I couldn't even think about it.

"Do you?" He asked again, stepping closer to me.

I held out my arms and stopped him before he could come closer. My heart was already pounding hard because of his half naked state, and I didn't want to say anything to set him off right in the morning.

"Can we please talk about this later? I'm not ready to have this discussion right now, Terrence." I sighed, finishing off my coffee.

Both of us made no move to walk away. While Terrence was still staring at me, I was busy examining my feet. I wasn't scared of him, or anything like that. But I didn't trust him, when it came to my babies.

Of course I had no troubles in letting him around them But, I also knew that, if he wanted, he could drag me to the court and take the babies away from me. After all, all he had to give was a DNA test. I didn't even have anything to prove myself.

"Okay." He said after sometime.

"What?"

"We will talk later about it later. But don't think I'd forget it. It's important for me to know."

Of course it is.

"I know it, Terrence. It's just way too early for me in the morning to have such an important discussion."

He just nodded and I walked past him towards my kitchen, trying to calm my racing heart. I kept the coffee mug on the counter and took some water to boil it for milk, humming the tune that the babies and Terrence loved. I was just in the process of tying my hair into a bun when I felt a warm presence right behind me. And soon, my back was pressed against a hard, really hard wall of muscles.

I suppressed the involuntary shiver that threatened to run down my spine and my hands came down, gripping the edge of the counter tightly. My body betrayed me when I shivered, feeling his breath on the crook of my neck that was exposed to him.