Chapter 17

Eren's Pov

"Eren loves you, you midget."

I swing my head to look at Mikasa on shock. How could she do this! We've been friends since before we were even shipped off here.

"Mikasa!" I got incredibly furious. This was the first secret I had ever told her and she had told the only person that couldn't know!

"Tch." I looked over at Levi who had an annoyed look written on his face.

Oh no.

"Look, brat, I don't know what country you're from, but actually I don't care. From where I'm from two guys don't fuck. And if they do fuck they get stabbed, so go fuck off I already have a girlfriend anyway. And if you still don't understand." Levi gripped (Your Name)'s hair and swung her to face him.

She had a look of surprise on her face before she was brought into a kiss. Levi had dragged her as close as he could towards himself to get a better angle.

I felt tears built up in my eyes about to fall. Levi had opened one of his eyes and glanced at my face's actual height which surprised me. His expression didn't show any form of regret or guilt.

He had took his tongue and slowly dragged it against her lips to coax her into a steamy French kiss.

At that second I could feel my tears run down my face. I continues to look directly into Levi's eyes as he was granted access into her mouth. A look of satisfaction went over his face as his eyes met my first tear wet my face.

I stood up with enough force to push my chair over and make it topple to the ground. I turned away and ran out of the cafeteria from the way we came in. I heard Armin scream my name but I didn't stop. I had grown in size and tried to stop from running into people from the now partially empty hall.

I ran into the janitor's storage room not minding the disgusting surroundings for once. More tears fell from my face I remembered the moment it happened.

I heard a knock on the door. It was a light and gentle knock which let me know it was Armin.

"Eren, can I come in?" His voive sounded like a mother trying to calm down a daughter after a bad break up.

"Yeah." My reply was short and barely audible, but it was strong enough to be heard through the door thankfully.

Armin opened the door slowly and shut it as quiet as he could. He sat down beside me as I cried which wasn't calming down anytime soon.

"It's alright." He put his arm around my shoulder comforting me. He was a good friend to have in these situations. He always knew how to act when someone cried.

"Why did she do it?" My tears had started to calm as he rubbed slow circles on my back.

Armin didn't reply because he knew it would just make the problem worse. If he did say anything I would yell or start to cry like a baby again. All of this just came too suddenly. One second I was casually talkimg with my crush and now I'm crying in a closet trying to avoid everyone.

As Armin and I sat the for a few more minutes my tears had gradually stopped. My giant gasps for breath were only shaky which was a tremendous improvement from my broken sobs.

As we sat there in silence a loud knock on the door broke through the peace. "Eren?" I could feel my anger start to surface. I held my breath in an attempt to keep from blowing bit couldn't hold it in.

I jumped to my feet and forcefully pulled the door open. There stood Mikasa with a indifferent face on her fave like always. She was always so uncaring for how she made people feel.

"Ere-"

"How dare you! You show up here to knob talk to me evem after what you just did!" She looked at me a bit surprised at me before trying to open her mouth and explain.

"No, I don't wamt to hear your excuse! I had never told a songle secret in my life and the first one I tell you you tell everyone!" I heard the bellring for everyone to go to their next class but I didn't care right now. How could she I thought I would be able to trust her with this one thing.

I walked out of the closet not breaking eye contact with her still furious. "Eren he would have rejected you anyway even if I-" I cut her off yet another time.

"Even if you told him before I even got a chance to actually let him know me! Mikasa just because you want my attention doesn't mean you have to ruiny life to get it!" At this point a group of people had surrounded us to see the spectacle.

" Eren don't understand."

"No, you don't understand! How would feel if that happened to you!?" I started to get closer to her to show I wasn't having any of what she was going to say.

"Eren he is obsess-" She was cutoff again, but not by me this time. She was cutoff by the one person I didn't want to see more than her.

"That is quite enough. As you can see you are unnerving my girlfriend." Levi stared at Mikasa stopping her from saying another word. His arm was wrapped protectively around (Your Name)'s waist keeping her close to him.

I felt more tears swell up into my eyes making my vision blurring to everything.

Levi glanced from Mikasa to me keeping the same glare. "Brat, life doesn't always happen like we want it to. Suck it up like a man."

(Your Name), who was attached at the at Levi's waist, slowly took his arm off from around her and walked over to me.

She stopped a reasonable distance before me. "Eren, don't let this stop our friendship, please. Levi can be a jerk sometimes, and that means you shouldn't take everything he does to heart." After saying what she thought was needed she turned around back to Levi's side and walked down the hallway.

Her small speech had calmed me down. Levi must have seem me as a threat to getting the person he loved and reacted. His reaction was unnecessary, that was a given, but he just said it without really thinking.

Of course out of this whole experience I learned a few things: never trust Mikasa again, Levi isn't single anymore, (Your Name) is a lot more kind than I thought, and that Armin is the only one I can trust fully.

Of course I won't give up so easily though.