Chapter 23

Third Person

They were a strange couple. The man trying to imitate the one she actually desired, and the woman was with the man for her reputation. Others would see them as a regular couple, but the woman knew what she actually wanted.

"Hurry up!" The impatient teenager yelled at her boyfriend as he finished getting ready.

"Oi, we're still earlier than what you said!" The girl crossed sassily and leaned to her side.

"So?! When I want us to hurry we hurry! The movie will start without us!" The man rolled his eyes at her knowing that the movie wasn't playing for another hour.

When the couple finally sauntered out of the dorms the clock had ticked to the new hour. Their punctuality only showing when around others.

The man leaned down to his girlfriend's ear and asked a simple question. "So, which movie are we watching again?"

The annoyance on the woman's face couldn't have been more prominent. "Are you shitting me? I just told you yesterday!" She rolled her eyes at her 'lover'.

"No, you told me to bring my wallet." The man rolled his eyes back at her. The walk between the two was now a awkward silence.

The fight that had just occured not moments ago between the two hung in the air. The only times it dissipated was in the presence of other students to heighten their reputations.

Once the pair hit the cover of the forest they almost instantly separated farther apart from each other.

"Are you sure this is the right way?" The girl took out her expensive phone and typed away to her friends. Her eyes never leaving the lit screen as she questioned him.

"I think." The man looked around himself looking for any important monuments he could remember.

For the first time in the conversation the woman looked at him. "What!? You don't even know if we're going the right direction!?" The girl put her phone into her back pocket as she was preoccupied with yelling at the man.

"Oi, I don't see you trying to help or anything!" The girl looked around her in retaliation to his statement.

"Oh, well look over there!" The woman pointed to an extra tall tree. "I remember climbing that tree before! The town's west of that tree!" She crossed her arms thinking she had won some battle.

"Then let's go." The man started to walk after her even though his words sounded like he would lead.

"Augh! Why are you so useless!" The woman walked before him as he caught up to her.

"Oi, who do you think is useless?! I happen to be the most useful person in school!"

The walk to the tree itself was filled with more yelling between the pair. The surrounding birds and animals ran as they heard the foreign shouting.

"Well now where do we go?" The man crossed his arms and looked around him again like it would help him.

"Obviously we go west." She looked back down at her phone scrolling through her social media.

"But do we know which direction west is?" The woman rolled her eyes as if she heard the stupidest question of her life.

"The sun rises in the west idiot." The man furrowed his brow not thinking that was entirely correct.

"Are you sure about that?" He pulled out his phone about to search the correct path before she snatched it ot of his hands.

"How dare you not believe me! Just shut up and follow me!" She clutched onto the man's phone with a tight fist as she marched away from the man in her own direction.

"Oi, you brat, give me my phone back!" The man jogged up the the girl to force his phone out of her grasp.

"Fine, it's a piece of junk anyway."

They walked in silence as they went in their rendition of 'west'. The tree's leaves swayed in the wind. The calming effect the sounds they made would soothe anyone; however, it seemed to be repelled by the tension between the couple.

It was getting dark. They had been lost for a few hours now in the woods. The school had undoubtedly sent out a search team for the two at this hour.

Any other time they knew when to stop and stay in place, but that was not the case right now. The rain fell in heavy sheets as they walked around looking for shelter.

"This is all your fault!" The woman's make-up was running down her face in lines that ended on her chin if they didn't continue down her neck.

"You were the hag that told me to go fucking west! When I tried to look it up you took my damn phone!" The two yelled at each other over the rain as they had no choice but to look for shelter.

"Shut up! I would have found it if you weren't so damn annoying!" Yelling between them never ceased as they continued to be drenched by the unfortunate weather.

"Oi, I see a cave up ahead!" The man ran ahead forgetting and not caring about his female companion.

"Don't just leave me, you asshole!" The woman ran after him. Her smaller legs struggled to keep up with the taller and more athletic male.

The cave was not far from the when they had realised the fire within it. The flames would occasionally escape the indent in the rock and immediately get extinguished by the rain.

"The hell? How the fuck is there a fire in a place like that?" The two stopped to gaze at the fire in confusion. No one around the school had a reason to light a fire. There were no pyromaniacs admitted into the school this year either.

"There's someone in there!" The woman pointed towards the center of the flames where a figure of something laid. "Idiot, go in there and save them!" A rough push to the man's shoulders almost had him infused with the flaming cave.

"You crazy woman, do you want to get me killed!" He backed away from the flames faster than one would think he could even move.

"They could be dying, you idiot! Save them!" It was painstakingly obvious that whatever was in there was long dead to anyone but this moronic girl.

Their conversation was cut short as beams of light pierced though the rain and fog. "Olou Bozado and Petra Ral, don't move!"

A group of armed police officers surrounded the two as the couple watched the flames.

"There's someone in there!" Petra, as the woman was named, called out to the police.

The police's attention was now split half between the missing prisoners and the raging flames.

"Call the fire department, we will return the escaped prisoners." Three of the officers escorted Petra and, now known, Oluo towards one of vehicles that were nearby.

The pair was returned as the sun wa now rising in the sky. The route they had ended up taking didn't reach a fence for another forty miles the direction they walked.

They were questioned almost as soon as they returned back to the institution. They weren't in too much trouble, but they were punished on trying to leave the premises.

It took another six hours for the fire to be extinguished. When news reached headquarters of the body that was discovered in the fire it shocked everyone.

"The body of (Bitch's Full Name) was found in a fire on school grounds."